Coronary Artery Disease
John Miller, a 65-year old patient, was referred to the cardiologist’s office for an evaluation. The patient had recently started an exercise program for weight loss. For the last 3 weeks, following exercise, he had noticed radiating chest pain (angina pectoris) that stopped after rest. This condition had worsened in the last week. The cardiologist ordered a stress echocardiogram. The stress echo results suggested that the patient had coronary artery disease. The patient was scheduled for a cardiac catheterization the next morning. It was noted in the patient’s chart that he smoked two packs of cigarettes per day. What is the abbreviation for coronary artery disease? What symptoms suggest that this patient is suffering from coronary artery disease and not some other disorder? Why is it important to test the heart under stress rather than obtaining a resting echocardiogram? Why is a cardiac catheterization needed in addition to the stress echo? What lifestyle changes should the patient make to prevent further heart attacks? Answer these five questions about community measures in a properly APA formatted Word document Coronary Artery Disease
It is not uncommon for patients to have cardiovascular troubles when they visit a physician’s office. As a medical assistant you may be responsible for performing electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG). Along with knowing how to properly perform this procedure, you need to know how to troubleshoot problems that can occur while recording the heart’s activity. One of the problems that you may encounter is an artifact. List two different artifacts that can occur during an ECG tracing, what the potential causes might be for that artifact, and how you would correct it so you can help the physician make an accurate diagnosis. Coronary Artery Disease
This week, in your initial post, create an elevator speech and share it with your classmates. In your response post, critique an elevator speech and discuss the following: How is networking in person different from utilizing Social Media? How could you use an elevator speech in social media? Why is effective communication essential? Why is proper etiquette important both in person and online? Also, be sure you are interacting with your classmates and having conversations about your experiences and what you’ve learned! Coronary Artery Disease
As a Medical Assistant, you will work with a variety of patients whom will all require a specific standard of care. In order to provide the level of service that every patient deserves, the Medical Assistants must strive to provide support and care that meets the individual needs that their patients bring. Some of the diverse needs that you may come across include the following: age, mental disability, physical disability, religious views, cultural views, and socioeconomic environmental differences that may be unlike your own. Coronary Artery Disease
ORDER A PLAGIARISM FREE PAPER NOW
· Select a topic in which you would like to research regarding one area of diversity that pertains to the categories above. You need to obtain faculty approval for your chosen topic.
· Use the library’s databases to find information on how to appropriately provide care for all of those who fall within your chosen area. http://guides.rasmussen.edu/healthsciences/MA-courseprojects
· Create a power point or Prezi presentation, in which you will present to the class, in regards to your chosen topic. Coronary Artery Disease
· Your power point should include the following:
· The diverse needs of the selected patient population.
· Specific barriers that you may encounter with this selected population.
· How to successfully overcome the barriers you selected.
· Any other pertinent information regarding this population and how to provide the best quality of care.
· Presentation length: minimum 8 minutes. Coronary Artery Disease
· Title page should be included.
· Reference page should be included.
· All information should be relevant and factual (not opinionated).
· Spelling, grammar, and punctuation are important.
· For specific grading criteria, please refer to the assignment rubric below Coronary Artery Disease
Holter Monitor Patients who experience intermittent chest pain may have a normal ECG at the time of their clinical visit. When this is the case, a physician may order a test that monitors the electrical activity of the patient’s heart over a 24 to 48 hour period. The device used for this test is called a Holter Monitor. It is important that the patient receive proper instructions to follow while the Holter monitor is in place to ensure that accurate readings are measured. Please write a 2-page paper in which you explain the instructions that you, as a medical assistant, would give a patient that has a Holter monitor in place. Be sure to also explain the importance of following these instructions and why the use of the patient activity diary is important. Module 03 Written Assignment – Holter Monitor Coronary Artery Disease
Also check: Assessing The Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose And Throat