Evidence-Based Practice Change Process
The purpose of this assignment is:
- To apply a change process using the ACE Star Model of Knowledge Transformation and a systematic review after identifying a clinical topic of concern and related nursing practice issue.
- The information from the ‘Illustration’ part of our lessons in Weeks 1-6 will mentor you through this process. Your change process is to be set up as a pilot project.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes: Evidence-Based Practice Change Process
- CO2: Proposes leadership and collaboration strategies for use with consumers and other healthcare providers in managing care and/or delegating responsibilities for health promotion, illness prevention, health restoration and maintenance, and rehabilitative activities. (PO#2)
- CO8: Selects evidence for best practices when planning professional nursing care involving systems, processes, and devices for individuals, families, aggregates and communities. (PO#8)
Please do not use any of the Nurse Daniel information for your own topic, nursing intervention, or change project. Nurse Daniel serves as an example only to illustrate the change process.
- Please review the infographic as way to guide you in getting started with your assignment: Developing an Assignment with Integrity (Links to an external site.)
- View a short tutorial with tips for completing this assignment: Evidence-Based Practice Change Process Assignment Tutorial (Links to an external site.) or by reading the transcript (Links to an external site.).
- Download the EBP Change Process form (Links to an external site.) during Week 1. The use of this specific form is REQUIRED
- Identify a clinical topic and related nursing practice issue you think needs to be changed.
- Locate a systematic review on your topic from the CCN Library databases. Be sure this involves nursing actions. Evidence-Based Practice Change Process
- Work through each step of the ACE Star Model as outlined on the assignment form (Star Points 1-5: Discovery, Summary, Translation, Implementation, and Evaluation). Respond to the instructions provided on the form.
- Follow the activities and thinking of Nurse Daniel in Weeks 1-6 in the ‘Illustration’ part of each lesson. He will be working through a clinical topic and nursing practice issue to demonstrate a change (ACE Star Model and systematic review).
- Work on a portion of the process each week, as the illustration unfolds.
- Please reach out to your instructor for feedback or assistance with your PICOT question as needed.
- Required and Additional Background Reading in Weeks 1 and 2 under Readings is available for more information on the ACE Star Model and the use of systematic reviews.
- Please see the grading criteria and rubrics on this page.
- Please use your browser’s File setting to save or print this page.
Scholarly Sources and Citations
- Please cite any references (in APA format) of your systematic review or other scholarly document (optional) as needed.
- Paraphrasing information, rather than quoting, is expected. No quotes for this assignment please!
Chamberlain College of Nursing values honesty and integrity. All students should be aware of the Academic Integrity policy and follow it in all discussions and assignments. Evidence-Based Practice Change Process
By submitting this assignment, I pledge on my honor that all content contained is my own original work except as quoted and cited appropriately. I have not received any unauthorized assistance on this assignment.
Hi Class. I would like to welcome you to a short tutorial to assist you in completing your Week 6 EBP Change Process assignment. Evidence-Based Practice Change Process
You will be prompted in Week 1 to download the EBP Change Process form and view the tutorial. You will use this form to follow Nurse Daniel in the lessons each week (Weeks 1-6) and progressively complete the information on the form. This form is due at the end of Week 6. For more information and details on this assignment, click on the link indicated to view assignment guidelines, tutorial, and rubric. The assignment guidelines and rubric are located under the Week 6 module and this specific form is required and due at the end of Week 6.
As you can see, the form contains prompts to assist you in your descriptions. Use this form to follow Nurse Daniel in the lessons each week (Weeks 1-6) and progressively complete the information. Your writing is not limited to the space provided and the boxes should expand as needed. You should be succinct in your writing but very clear with many details and complete sentences. No quotes are permitted in this assignment and paraphrasing and your own wording is required. Please cite any sources in APA format. Evidence-Based Practice Change Process
The purpose of this assignment is:
To apply a change process using the ACE Star Model of Knowledge Transformation and a systematic review after identifying a clinical topic of concern and related nursing practice issue.
The information from the ‘Illustration’ part of our lessons in Weeks 1-6 will mentor you through this process. Your change process is to be set up as a pilot project. You are encouraged to work through the sections of the form each week starting in Week 1 by following Nurse Daniel as he works through this same process Evidence-Based Practice Change Process.
Also check: Different learning styles