Government Authority to Regulate Public Health essay assignment paper help
A basic function of government and a primary goal of the constitution that creates the government is keeping people safe. It is often referred to as exercising “police power.” In the United States, the government’s authority to regulate for the protection of public health and to provide health services is based on police power, which is the power to provide for the health, safety, and welfare of the people.
Public health powers were initially exercised at the state and local levels; currently, the federal government plays a large role in the regulation of public health and the provision of health services.
Considering this, respond to the following:
- Where in the US Constitution does the government obtain its authority to regulate public health?
- Do you believe the government has the authority to ban things that are believed to be harmful, such as trans-fats? Why or why not?
Give examples and reasons in support of your responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words.
Respond to the question using the lessons and vocabulary found in the readings. Support your answers with examples and research. Your responses should clarify your understanding of the topic. They should be your own, original, and free from plagiarism. Follow the APA format for writing style, spelling and grammar, and citation of sources.
- Identified where the US Constitution gives the government authority to regulate public health.
- Provided your opinion on whether the government has the authority to ban things that are believed to be harmful.
- Justified your answers with appropriate research and reasoning.
- Commented on the postings of at least two peers.
Our professional writers are well experienced in writing top nursing papers and are thereby able to tackle any topic around Nursing, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Pedagogy, Gynecological, Ethics, Sociology, Psychology, Medicine & Health, Healthcare, Nutrition, or Pharmacology.