Get Intervention and Evaluation essay assignment help
Intervention and Evaluation essay assignment
The purpose of this PowerPoint presentation is to provide an opportunity to develop a community health nursing intervention and evaluation tool for your identified community health problem (described in Milestone 2: Assessment and Diagnosis) and identify the components of the nursing process as it applies to a community or population.
You are a Community/Public Health Nurse (C/PHN) working in your setting of choice. You have identified a community health problem and have analyzed the data collected from your windshield survey and assessment & diagnosis assignments (the first two milestones). You have decided on one nursing intervention and need your organization’s approval for funding of this intervention. Your leadership team has agreed to listen to your proposal.
- Choose a community health nurse setting. Some examples of settings are school nurse, parish nurse, home health nurse, nurse working in the health department (be specific to what area in the health department, e.g., WIC, STD clinic, health promotion, maternal-child health, etc.)
- Introduction: Introduce the identified problem, the purpose of the presentation, and reiterate at least one or two important findings that demonstrate this problem in your community (average of 1–2 slides)
- Proposed Intervention: Propose one community health nursingintervention that would address one or more of the major direct or indirect factors that contribute to the problem. Keep in mind the Public Health Intervention Wheel (Nies& McEwen, p. 14, figure 1-3) as your framework (average of 3-4 slides). Your intervention needs to be specific:
o Who is your target population?
o Where is this intervention taking place?
o Will it take place one time or multiple times?
o How will you reach out to your target population?
- How will you get your target population involved?
o What is the CH Nurses role in this intervention?
o Will you collaborate with anyone (e.g., physician’s office, church, local resources, etc.?)
o Is anyone else involved besides yourself (C/PHN)?
- If yes, are they paid or volunteers?
o What level(s) of prevention is your intervention addressing (primary, secondary and/or tertiary prevention)?
- Intervention Justification: Justify why the problem and your nursing interventions should be a priority.
o Based on what you have found in the literature, discuss why these interventions are expected to be effective. Include summarized information from at least two professional scholarly sources related to your interventions (average of 2-3 slides).
- Proposed Evaluation: Your presentation must include at least one proposed quantitative or qualitative evaluation method that you would use to determine whether your intervention is effective. It should include the method you would use along with desired outcomes. Outcome measurement is a crucial piece when implementing interventions. There is a helpful tool in Doc Sharing to assist you with understanding qualitative and quantitative methods of evaluation. (average of 2-3 slides)
o Include discussion about the long-term and short-term impact on your community if the intervention is successful. Keep in mind your desired outcomes when analyzing the evaluation.
- Summary: The summary should reiterate the main points of the presentation and conclude with what you are asking to be accomplished, e.g., “Based on ABC, it is imperative our community has XYZ. Thank you for your consideration.”
- In addition to the slides described above, your presentation should include a title slide, and reference slide. Remember, you are presenting to your leadership team, so the slides should include the most important elements for them to know in short bullet pointed phrases. You may add additional comments in the notes section to clarify information for your instructor.
- Application: Use Microsoft PowerPoint 2010.
- Length: The PowerPoint slide show is expected to be no more than 20 slides in length (not including the title slide and reference list slide).
- Submission: Submit your files via the basket in the Dropbox: “Caring for Populations: Intervention and Evaluation” by 11:59 p.m. Sunday of Week 6.
- Save the assignment with your last name in the file title. Example: “Smith Intervention and Evaluation”
- Late Submission: See the course policy on late submissions.
- Tutorial: If needed, Microsoft Office has many templates and tutorials to help you get started.
Best Practices in Preparing PowerPoint
The following are best practices in preparing this project:
- Be creative, but realistic with your intervention and evaluation tool.
- Incorporate graphics, clip art or photographs to increase interest.
- Slides should be easy to read with short bullet points and large font.
- Review directions thoroughly.
- Cite all sources within the slide show as well as on the reference page.
- Proofread prior to final submission.
- Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
- Abide by the CCN academic integrity policy.