Get Measures of Quality essay assignment help
Measures of Quality essay assignment
Health care quality is a nationally recognized topic that is addressed through public policies, licensure, and accreditation standards for health care professionals and organizations. Throughout history, numerous organizations have been involved in developing health care quality and safety initiatives.
The Joint Commission and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) developed quality and safety indicators for various health care systems. These indicators seek to establish accountability for health care organizations through a reporting system, which is available to the public. For this Discussion, explore various accrediting organizations and specific measures that pertain to quality. In your research on accrediting organizations, consider how these quality measures affect quality outcomes, support ethical principles, and influence the delivery of clinical services.
- Select one specific quality indicator from the Week 2 Discussion and compare it with those outlined in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review the accrediting body standards that pertain to your organization focusing on those standards that require your organization to define its quality management program.
- Consider regulatory requirements at the state or national level that affect quality outcomes in your organization.
- Ask yourself: How do the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) restricted reimbursements affect quality management or improvement efforts at my organization? How do these standards and regulations influence or support ethical principles and influence patient care and nursing practice?
write a minimum of 550 words in APA format with at least 3 references from the list below that addresses the level one & two headings as numbered and lettered below:
post a cohesive scholarly response that addresses the following:
1) Choose any measurement and explain the extent to which your chosen measure is affected by CMS driven incentives and disincentives
2) From a systems perspective, discuss how this measure affects:
a. Quality outcomes
b. Supports ethical principles
c. Influences patient care and nursing practice.