NR 500 Week 4 Assignment
The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to explore the nurse practitioner (NP) practice requirements in his/her state of practice, NP competencies, and leadership skills to develop a plan to support professional development.
- To complete this application, you will need to access the following databases: CINAHL, MEDLINE, Cochrane Library, and the Joanna Briggs Institute. You may access these databases through the Chamberlain University Online Library.
- The APN Professional Development Plan paper is worth 200 points and will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric. NR 500 Week 4 Assignment; APN Professional Development Plan Essay.
- Create your manuscript using Microsoft Word, which is the required format for all Chamberlain University documents.
- Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about this paper may be posted under the Q & A Forum or emailed to your faculty.
- The length of the paper is to be between 5-7 pages excluding the title page and reference pages.
- APA (2010) format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered, bold):
- APN Professional Development Plan
- APN Scope of Practice – This pertains to NP practice in your state.
- Nurse Practitioner (NONPF) Core Competencies
- Leadership Skills
Preparing the paper
The following are best practices for preparing this paper:
- Provide an introduction that generally addresses the scope of practice, competencies, and leadership. The introduction should identify the sections of the paper. NR 500 Week 4 Assignment; APN Professional Development Plan Essay.
- NPS needs to take into account rules and regulations that guide advanced practice in the states in which they practice. Research and review the Nurse Practice Act and APN scope of practice guidelines in your particular state. Describe educational requirements, licensure, and regulatory requirements, as well as practice environment details for the state in which you plan to practice. Discuss information regarding full, limited, or restricted practice limitations as well as prescriptive authority. NR 500 Week 4 Assignment; APN Professional Development Plan Essay.
- Review the Nurse Practitioner Core Competencies (NONPF Competencies). Complete a comprehensive, honest, personal assessment to identify your strengths and opportunities for growth. Describe two competency areas in which you’ve identified as strengths and two competency areas in which there are opportunities for growth. Discuss two ways in which you will engage with scholarship as you go through the master’s program to help you achieve these competencies.
- Analyze three leadership skills required to lead as an NP within complex systems. Describe two strategies you could use to help you develop those skills.
- Provide a conclusion that summarizes the important aspects of the APN Professional Development Plan. NR 500 Week 4 Assignment; APN Professional Development Plan Essay.
Also check: PRAC 6665 WEEK 2 Assignment 2: Practicum Experience Plan