Get NURS 6003 Module 3: Academic and Professional Integrity essay assignment help
NURS 6003 Module 3 (Weeks 4-5): Academic and Professional Integrity essay assignment
NURS 6003: Transition to Graduate Study for Nursing | Module 3 essay assignment
- Identify APA formatting rules
- Analyze the relationship between academic integrity and writing
- Analyze the relationship between professional practices and scholarly ethics
- Analyze strategies for maintaining integrity and ethics in academic work
- Analyze strategies for maintaining integrity and ethics in professional work
- Analyze how paraphrasing contributes to academic integrity
NURS 6003 Module 3: Academic and Professional Integrity essay assignment
Quiz: APA Style and Format essay assignment
As a nurse embarking on an advanced degree, you are developing the characteristics of a scholar-practitioner, which include strong communication skills. Writing in a scholarly manner involves supporting your thoughts with evidence from the literature and appropriately using APA formatting.
One of the challenges of scholarly writing is paraphrasing the thoughts of others in your work. Paraphrasing, and correctly citing the original author for his or her ideas, allows you to take the ideas of others, summarize them, and incorporate them into your own writing. When summarizing the ideas of others, it is important to avoid plagiarizing (i.e., copying the words and ideas of others as though they were your own). In addition to expanding your knowledge of APA Style, this modules’s Learning Resources help you distinguish between paraphrasing and plagiarizing.
This Quiz will help you determine how your understanding of these concepts and prepardness to reflect them in your work. The questions presented on the Quiz are derived from the Resources related to APA writing standards, plagiarism, and academic integrity.
- Review the Resources related to APA Style and format this Module presents.
Click on the “Week 4 Quiz” link to begin.
By Day 7 of Week 4
Complete the Quiz.
Assignment: Academic Success and Professional Development Plan
Part 3: Strategies to Promote Academic Integrity and Professional Ethics essay assignment
Nurse-scholars have a significant obligation to their community as well. Their work must have academic and professional integrity. Their efforts are designed to add to the body of knowledge, advance the profession, and ultimately help in the care of patients. Work that lacks integrity is subject to erode quickly or worse.
Fortunately, there are strategies and tools that can help ensure integrity in academic and professional work. This Assignment asks you to consider these tools and how you might apply them to your own work.
In this Assignment you will continue developing your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan by appending the original document you began in the previous assignment.
- Reflect on the strategies presented in the Resources for this Module in support of academic style, integrity, and scholarly ethics.
- Reflect on the connection between academic and professional integrity.
Part 3, Section 1: Writing Sample: The Connection Between Academic and Professional Integrity
Using the Academic and Professional Success Development Template you began in Module 1 and expanded in Module 2, write a 2- to 3-paragraph analysis that includes the following:
- Explanation for the relationship between academic integrity and writing
- Explanation for the relationship between professional practices and scholarly ethics
- Cite at least two resources that support your arguments, being sure to use proper APA formatting.
- Use Grammarly and SafeAssign to improve the product.
- Explain how Grammarly, Safe Assign, and paraphrasing contributes to academic integrity.
Part 3, Section 2: Strategies for Maintaining Integrity of Work
Expand on your thoughts from Section 1 by:
- identifying and describing strategies you intend to pursue to maintain integrity and ethics of your: (1) academic work as a student of the MSN program and (2) professional work as a nurse throughout your career. Include a review of resources and approaches you propose to use as a student and a professional.
Note: Add your work for this Assignment to the original document you began in the Module 1 Assignment, which was built from the Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template.
By Day 7 of Week 5
Submit both Section 1 and Section 2 of Part 3.