Get NURS 6051: Technologies Supporting Applied Practice essay assignment help
NURS 6051 Module 4: Technologies Supporting Applied Practice and Optimal Patient Outcomes (Weeks 6-8) essay assignment
NURS 6051: Transforming Nursing and Healthcare Through Technology | Module 4 essay assignment
- Evaluate healthcare technology trends for data and information in nursing practice and healthcare delivery
- Analyze challenges and risks inherent in healthcare technology
- Analyze healthcare technology benefits and risks for data safety, legislation, and patient care
- Evaluate healthcare technology impact on patient outcomes, efficiencies, and data management
- Analyze research on the application of clinical systems to improve outcomes and efficiencies
Discussion: Healthcare Information Technology Trends essay assignment
Throughout history, technological advancements have appeared for one purpose before finding applications elsewhere that lead to spikes in its usage and development. The internet, for example, was originally developed to share research before becoming a staple of work and entertainment. But technology—new and repurposed—will undoubtedly continue to be a driver of healthcare information. Informaticists often stay tuned to trends to monitor what the next new technology will be or how the next new idea for applying existing technology can benefit outcomes.
In this Discussion, you will reflect on your healthcare organization’s use of technology and offer a technology trend you observe in your environment.
- Reflect on the Resources related to digital information tools and technologies.
- Consider your healthcare organization’s use of healthcare technologies to manage and distribute information.
- Reflect on current and potential future trends, such as use of social media and mobile applications/telehealth, Internet of Things (IoT)-enabled asset tracking, or expert systems/artificial intelligence, and how they may impact nursing practice and healthcare delivery.
NURS 6051: Technologies Supporting Applied Practice
By Day 3 of Week 6
Post a brief description of general healthcare technology trends, particularly related to data/information you have observed in use in your healthcare organization or nursing practice. Describe any potential challenges or risks that may be inherent in the technologies associated with these trends you described. Then, describe at least one potential benefit and one potential risk associated with data safety, legislation, and patient care for the technologies you described. Next, explain which healthcare technology trends you believe are most promising for impacting healthcare technology in nursing practice and explain why. Describe whether this promise will contribute to improvements in patient care outcomes, efficiencies, or data management. Be specific and provide examples.
By Day 6 of Week 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues* on two different days, offering additional/alternative ideas regarding opportunities and risks related to the observations shared.
*Note: Throughout this program, your fellow students are referred to as colleagues.
Assignment: Literature Review: The Use of Clinical Systems to Improve Outcomes and Efficiencies essay assignment
New technology—and the application of existing technology—only appears in healthcare settings after careful and significant research. The stakes are high, and new clinical systems need to offer evidence of positive impact on outcomes or efficiencies.
Nurse informaticists and healthcare leaders formulate clinical system strategies. As these strategies are often based on technology trends, informaticists and others have then benefited from consulting existing research to inform their thinking.
In this Assignment, you will review existing research focused on the application of clinical systems. After reviewing, you will summarize your findings.