Get NURS 6051: The Role of the Informatics Specialist in Healthcare essay assignment help
NURS 6051 Module 2: The Role of the Informatics Specialist in Healthcare (Week 3) essay assignment
NURS 6051: Transforming Nursing and Healthcare Through Technology | Module 2 essay assignment
- Analyze interactions between nurse informaticists, data/technology specialists, and other professionals in healthcare organizations
- Recommend strategies to improve interactions between nurse informaticists and other professionals
- Analyze how nursing informatics as a specialty and new technologies impact interactions between nurse informaticists and members of healthcare teams
- Recommend nursing informatics projects to improve outcomes or efficiencies in healthcare organizations
- Identify stakeholders impacted by nursing informatics projects
- Analyze how nursing informatics projects improve outcomes or efficiencies in healthcare organizations
- Identify technologies required for implementation of nursing informatics projects
- Analyze the role of the nurse informaticist in nursing informatics project teams.
NURS 6051: The Role of the Informatics Specialist in Healthcare essay assignment
Nature offers many examples of specialization and collaboration. Ant colonies and bee hives are but two examples of nature’s sophisticated organizations. Each thrives because their members specialize by tasks, divide labor, and collaborate to ensure food, safety, and general well-being of the colony or hive.
Of course, humans don’t fare too badly in this regard either. And healthcare is a great example. As specialists in the collection, access, and application of data, nurse informaticists collaborate with specialists on a regular basis to ensure that appropriate data is available to make decisions and take actions to ensure the general well-being of patients.
In this Discussion, you will reflect on your own observations of and/or experiences with informaticist collaboration. You will also propose strategies for how these collaborative experiences might be improved.
- Review the Resources and reflect on the evolution of nursing informatics from a science to a nursing specialty.
- Consider your experiences with nurse Informaticists or technology specialists within your healthcare organization.
By Day 3 of Week 3
Post a description of experiences or observations about how nurse informaticists and/or data or technology specialists interact with other professionals within your healthcare organization. Suggest at least one strategy on how these interactions might be improved. Be specific and provide examples. Then, explain the impact you believe the continued evolution of nursing informatics as a specialty and/or the continued emergence of new technologies might have on professional interactions.
By Day 6 of Week 3
Respond to at least two of your colleagues* on two different days, offering one or more additional interaction strategies in support of the examples/observations shared or by offering further insight to the thoughts shared about the future of these interactions.
*Note: Throughout this program, your fellow students are referred to as colleagues.
Assignment: The Impact of Nursing Informatics on Patient Outcomes and Patient Care Efficiencies essay assignment
In the Discussion for this module, you considered the interaction of nurse informaticists with other specialists to ensure successful care. How is that success determined?
Patient outcomes and the fulfillment of care goals is one of the major ways that healthcare success is measured. Measuring patient outcomes results in the generation of data that can be used to improve results. Nursing informatics can have a significant part in this process and can help to improve outcomes by improving processes, identifying at-risk patients, and enhancing efficiency.
- Review the concepts of technology application as presented in the Resources.
- Reflect on how emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence may help fortify nursing informatics as a specialty by leading to increased impact on patient outcomes or patient care efficiencies.
The Assignment: (4-5 pages)
In a 4- to 5-page project proposal written to the leadership of your healthcare organization, propose a nursing informatics project for your organization that you advocate to improve patient outcomes or patient-care efficiency. Your project proposal should include the following:
- Describe the project you propose.
- Identify the stakeholders impacted by this project.
- Explain the patient outcome(s) or patient-care efficiencies this project is aimed at improving and explain how this improvement would occur. Be specific and provide examples.
- Identify the technologies required to implement this project and explain why.
- Identify the project team (by roles) and explain how you would incorporate the nurse informaticist in the project team.
By Day 7 of Week 3
Submit your completed Project Proposal.