Get NURS 6052: Changing the World Through Evidence-Based Practice essay assignment
NURS 6052 Module 6: Changing the World Through Evidence- Based Practice Weeks 10-11 essay assignment
NURS 6052: Essentials of Evidence-Based Practice | Module 6 essay assignment
- Evaluate dissemination strategies
- Recommend strategies to overcome barriers to dissemination of evidence-based practice changes
- Synthesize concepts of evidence-based practice
- Justify dissemination strategies
Discussion: Developing a Culture of Evidence-Based Practice
As your EBP skills grow, you may be called upon to share your expertise with others. While EBP practice is often conducted with unique outcomes in mind, EBP practitioners who share their results can both add to the general body of knowledge and serve as an advocate for the application of EBP.
In this Discussion, you will explore strategies for disseminating EBP within your organization, community, or industry.
- Review the Resources and reflect on the various strategies presented throughout the course that may be helpful in disseminating effective and widely cited EBP.
- This may include: unit-level or organizational-level presentations, poster presentations, and podium presentations at organizational, local, regional, state, and national levels, as well as publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Reflect on which type of dissemination strategy you might use to communicate EBP.
By Day 3 of Week 10
Post at least two dissemination strategies you would be most inclined to use and explain why. Explain which dissemination strategies you would be least inclined to use and explain why. Identify at least two barriers you might encounter when using the dissemination strategies you are most inclined to use. Be specific and provide examples. Explain how you might overcome the barriers you identified.
By Day 6 of Week 10
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days by offering additional ideas to overcome the barriers to strategies suggested by your colleagues and/or by offering additional ideas to facilitate dissemination.
Assignment: Evidence-Based Capstone Project, Part 6: Disseminating Results
The dissemination of EBP results serves multiple important roles. Sharing results makes the case for your decisions. It also adds to the body of knowledge, which creates opportunities for future practitioners. By presenting results, you also become an advocate for EBP, creating a culture within your organization or beyond that informs, educates, and promotes the effective use of EBP.
- Review the final PowerPoint presentation you submitted in Module 5, and make any necessary changes based on the feedback you have received and on lessons you have learned throughout the course.
- Consider the best method of disseminating the results of your presentation to an audience.
Create a 5-minute, 5- to 6-slide narrated PowerPoint presentation of your Evidence-Based Project.
- Be sure to incorporate any feedback or changes from your presentation submission in Module 5.
- Explain how you would disseminate the results of your project to an audience. Provide a rationale for why you selected this dissemination strategy.
By Day 7 of Week 11
Submit Part 6, your revised PowerPoint presentation of your Evidence-Based Project.