Get NURS 6052 Module 1: Evidence-Based Practice and the Quadruple essay assignment help
NURS 6052 Module 1: Evidence-Based Practice and the Quadruple Aim (Week 1) essay assignment
NURS 6052: Essentials of Evidence-Based Practice | Module 1 essay assignment
- Evaluate healthcare organizations for evidence-based practices
- Analyze the relationship between evidence-based practice and the Quadruple Aim in healthcare organizations
NURS 6052 Module 1: Evidence-Based Practice and the Quadruple essay assignment
Discussion: Where in the World Is Evidence-Based Practice?essay assignment
March 21, 2010, was not EBP’s date of birth, but it may be the date the approach “grew up” and left home to take on the world.
When the Affordable Care Act was passed, it came with a requirement of empirical evidence. Research on EBP increased significantly. Application of EBP spread to allied health professions, education, healthcare technology, and more. Health organizations began to adopt and promote EBP.
In this Discussion, you will consider this adoption. You will examine healthcare organization websites and analyze to what extent these organizations use EBP.
- Review the Resources and reflect on the definition and goal of EBP.
- Choose a professional healthcare organization’s website (e.g., a reimbursing body, an accredited body, or a national initiative).
- Explore the website to determine where and to what extent EBP is evident.
By Day 3 of Week 1
Post a description of the healthcare organization website you reviewed. Describe where, if at all, EBP appears (e.g., the mission, vision, philosophy, and/or goals of the healthcare organization, or in other locations on the website). Then, explain whether this healthcare organization’s work is grounded in EBP and why or why not. Finally, explain whether the information you discovered on the healthcare organization’s website has changed your perception of the healthcare organization. Be specific and provide examples.
By Day 6 of Week 1
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days by visiting the websites they shared and offering additional examples of EBP or alternative views/interpretations to those shared in your colleagues’ posts.
Assignment: Evidence-Based Practice and the Quadruple Aim essay assignment
Healthcare organizations continually seek to optimize healthcare performance. For years, this approach was a three-pronged one known as the Triple Aim, with efforts focused on improved population health, enhanced patient experience, and lower healthcare costs.
More recently, this approach has evolved to a Quadruple Aim by including a focus on improving the work life of healthcare providers. Each of these measures are impacted by decisions made at the organizational level, and organizations have increasingly turned to EBP to inform and justify these decisions.
- Read the articles by Sikka, Morath, & Leape (2015); Crabtree, Brennan, Davis, & Coyle (2016); and Kim et al. (2016) provided in the Resources.
- Reflect on how EBP might impact (or not impact) the Quadruple Aim in healthcare.
- Consider the impact that EBP may have on factors impacting these quadruple aim elements, such as preventable medical errors or healthcare delivery.
Write a brief analysis (no longer than 2 pages) of the connection between EBP and the Quadruple Aim.
Your analysis should address how EBP might (or might not) help reach the Quadruple Aim, including each of the four measures of:
- Patient experience
- Population health
- Work life of healthcare providers
By Day 7 of Week 1
Submit your anaylsis.