Get NURS 6052:Introduction to Clinical Inquiry-Research Methodologies essay assignment help
NURS 6052 Module 2: An Introduction to Clinical Inquiry and Research Methodologies (Weeks 2-3) essay assignment
NURS 6052: Essentials of Evidence-Based Practice | Module 2 essay assignment
- Differentiate between quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-method research methodologies
- Analyze the relationship between peer-reviewed articles and clinical issues
- Analyze research ethics related to clinical issues and peer-reviewed research
- Analyze the aims of research studies presented in peer-reviewed articles
- Analyze research methodologies described in peer-reviewed articles
- Analyze strengths, reliability, and validity of research methodologies in peer-reviewed research
NURS 6052:Introduction to Clinical Inquiry-Research Methodologies essay assignment
Quiz: Is It Quantitative, Qualitative, or Mixed Methods?essay assignment
An effective understanding and application of research requires an understanding of the underlying methodologies employed. This quiz will assess your understanding of the quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-method research methodologies.
- Review the research methodology terms and concepts presented to you this week.
By Day 7 of Week 2
Submit your Quiz.
Assignment: Evidence-Based Project essay assignment
Is there a difference between “common practice” and “best practice”?
When you first went to work for your current organization, experienced colleagues may have shared with you details about processes and procedures. Perhaps you even attended an orientation session to brief you on these matters. As a “rookie,” you likely kept the nature of your questions to those with answers that would best help you perform your new role.
Over time and with experience, perhaps you recognized aspects of these processes and procedures that you wanted to question further. This is the realm of clinical inquiry.
Clinical inquiry is the practice of asking questions about clinical practice. To continuously improve patient care, all nurses should consistently use clinical inquiry to question why they are doing something the way they are doing it. Do they know why it is done this way, or is it just because we have always done it this way? Is it a common practice or a best practice?
In this Assignment, you will identify clinical areas of interest and inquiry and practice searching for research in support of maintaining or changing these practices. You will also analyze this research to compare research methodologies employed.
- Review the Resources and identify a clinical issue of interest that can form the basis of a clinical inquiry.
- Based on the clinical issue of interest and using keywords related to the clinical issue of interest, search at least four different databases in the Walden Library to identify at least four relevant peer-reviewed articles related to your clinical issue of interest.
- Review the results of your peer-reviewed research and reflect on the process of using an unfiltered database to search for peer-reviewed research.
- Reflect on the types of research methodologies contained in the four relevant peer-reviewed articles you selected.
NURS 6052:Introduction to Clinical Inquiry-Research Methodologies
Part 1: An Introduction to Clinical Inquiry
Create a 4- to 5-slide PowerPoint presentation in which you do the following:
- Identify and briefly describe your chosen clinical issue of interest.
- Describe how you used keywords to search on your chosen clinical issue of interest.
- Identify the four research databases that you used to conduct your search for the peer-reviewed articles you selected.
- Provide APA citations of the four peer-reviewed articles you selected.
Part 2: Identifying Research Methodologies
After reading each of the four peer-reviewed articles you selected, use the Matrix Worksheet template to analyze the methodologies applied in each of the four peer-reviewed articles. Your analysis should include the following:
- The full citation of each peer-reviewed article in APA format.
- A brief (1-paragraph) statement explaining why you chose this peer-reviewed article and/or how it relates to your clinical issue of interest, including a brief explanation of the ethics of research related to your clinical issue of interest.
- A brief (1-2 paragraph) description of the aims of the research of each peer-reviewed article.
- A brief (1-2 paragraph) description of the research methodology used. Be sure to identify if the methodology used was qualitative, quantitative, or a mixed-methods approach. Be specific.
- A brief (1- to 2-paragraph) description of the strengths of each of the research methodologies used, including reliability and validity of how the methodology was applied in each of the peer-reviewed articles you selected.
By Day 7 of Week 3
Submit Part 1 and Part 2 of your Evidence-Based Project.