Get NURS 6053 Module 2: Professionalism-Week 3 essay assignment help
NURS 6053 Module 2: Professionalism (Week 3) essay assignment
NURS 6053: Interprofessional Organizational and Systems Leadership | Module 2 essay assignment
- Analyze the impact of competing needs of workforce, resources, and patients on policy development
- Analyze the impact of competing needs on healthcare issues/stressors
- Analyze policies and practices for healthcare issues/stressors
- Critique organizational policies and practices for ethical considerations
- Recommend policy or practice changes to balance competing needs and ethical considerations
NURS 6053 Module 2: Professionalism-Week 3 essay assignment
Discussion: Organizational Policies and Practices to Support Healthcare Issues essay assignment
Quite often, nurse leaders are faced with ethical dilemmas, such as those associated with choices between competing needs and limited resources. Resources are finite, and competition for those resources occurs daily in all organizations.
For example, the use of 12-hour shifts has been a strategy to retain nurses. However, evidence suggests that as nurses work more hours in a shift, they commit more errors. How do effective leaders find a balance between the needs of the organization and the needs of ensuring quality, effective, and safe patient care?
In this Discussion, you will reflect on a national healthcare issue and examine how competing needs may impact the development of polices to address that issue.
- Review the Resources and think about the national healthcare issue/stressor you previously selected for study in Module 1.
- Reflect on the competing needs in healthcare delivery as they pertain to the national healthcare issue/stressor you previously examined.
By Day 3 of Week 3
Post an explanation of how competing needs, such as the needs of the workforce, resources, and patients, may impact the development of policy. Then, describe any specific competing needs that may impact the national healthcare issue/stressor you selected. What are the impacts, and how might policy address these competing needs? Be specific and provide examples.
By Day 6 of Week 3
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days by providing additional thoughts about competing needs that may impact your colleagues’ selected issues, or additional ideas for applying policy to address the impacts described.