Get NURS 6201: Individual Power Within the Organization essay assignment help
NURS 6201 Week 6: Individual Power Within the Organization essay assignment
NURS 6201: Leadership in Nursing and Healthcare | Week 6 essay assignment
When I was just considering nursing school, I had a family member who was in the hospital for a heart condition, and he’d come in and I was there through admission, and through emergency department and arrival to the unit, which was happening on nightshift. And there was a nurse who admitted him who was so considerate, and so thoughtful, and reflective. I was kind of impressed with that soft side of nursing, and I thought, ‘Hey, this is a wonderful thing.’ Then I watched that nurse get on the phone, having gone through everything with the patient. Had a set of questions, had a set of concerns. Got on the phone with that doctor in the night and got everything he needed… And in that short period of time and with incredible authority, just arranged everything for the admission and the care of that patient, and I was thoroughly impressed.
—Connor McTeague, Nurse, Huntington HospitalNURS 6201: Individual Power Within the Organization essay assignment
What can you do to promote your strengths as a leader and as a manager? How can you contribute to a positive view of nursing? Perhaps, more importantly, what benefits may be gained if you proactively enhance and apply your power as a nurse leader?
This week addresses the power of nurses within health care organizations, including strategies for enhancing the power of individual nurses as well as the nursing profession as a whole.
Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2012d). Personal power plan. Baltimore, MD: Author.
- Evaluate the application of political acumen and power in a health care situation
- Analyze strategies for leveraging political acumen and power for advocacy in a health care setting or the nursing profession
- Evaluate strategies for enhancing power as a nurse and a leader–manager
Discussion: Use of Power and Political Acumen in the Organization essay assignment
- Review the scenario assigned to your group. These can be found under “Additional Learning Exercises and Applications” on page 307–309 of your textbook (Marquis & Huston, 2015).
- Review the Learning Resources for information on political acumen and power in health care organizations.
- As a group, create a 1 page response to the assignment criteria found within the assigned learning exercise. Please include the members’ names to the document.
Note: This should be a collaborative effort, with each member of the group making contributions to the design and content of the study sheet. Use the groups’ link on the left navigation bar to collaborate with your group. When you have developed your 1–page group submission, select one member to post it to the week 6 Discussion Forum by Day 3, so that the rest of your colleagues can access it.
By Day 3
Post your group’s 1–page submission. Select one member to post it to the week 6 Discussion Forum by Day 3, so that the rest of your colleagues can access it.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses. Every student should read all of the groups’ postings.
By Day 6
Each student should respond to at least two of your colleagues’ group postings on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.