Get NURS 6201 Week 3:The Diverse Organizational Structures essay assignment help
NURS 6201 Week 3:The Diverse Organizational Structures essay assignment
NURS 6201: Leadership in Nursing and Healthcare | Week 3 essay assignment
As you have been investigating during the first two weeks of this course, organizations may differ in many ways. One of the most critical areas to consider in this regard is how people—often considered health care’s most valuable resource—are organized or structured within an institution.
This week, you examine organizational charts as a tool for analysis. In particular, you consider how the structures depicted in these charts reflect how personnel are organized to deliver services and achieve the organization’s mission, including how they indicate communication flow and scope of responsibility.
- Analyze an organizational chart
- Describe the relationship between the organizational chart and communication channels that may impede or facilitate organizational functions
- Compare and contrast the organizational chart you identified to the shared governance model.
Discussion: Organizational Chart Assessment essay assignment
Think about a particular organization. How would you depict the reporting structure in this organization? What is the flow of communication and decision making between various people? Does the image in your mind match with one (or more) of the organizational structures discussed in this week’s Learning Resources? Why or why not?
For anyone working in a health care setting, looking at the organizational chart can provide useful information about the context that affects daily practice as well as the achievement of longer term goals. For managers, understanding the structure and dynamics portrayed in such a chart—as well as those that may be missing—is especially important.
For this Discussion, you analyze an organizational chart from the point of view of nursing management.
- Obtain a copy of an organizational chart which does not have a shared governance model. You can find a list of current magnet–recognized hospitals at:http://www.nursecredentialing.org/Magnet/FindaMagnetFacility
- Examine both organizational charts through the lens of management (i.e., think about the responsibilities and concerns that you, as a manager, may have).
- Review Marquis and Huston (2017), Display 12.5 The 14 Forces of Magnetism for Magnet Hospital Status and Learning Exercise 12.4
- Think about how the organizational charts align?
- Think about how communication actually occurs at your organization.
By Day 3
Post and Compare and contrast the organizational chart you identified to the shared governance model on Marquis and Huston (2015, p. 277). Consider major components of organizational structure and communication such as centrality and decentralization. Describe at least five of the “forces of magnetism” and compare how the magnet and non–magnet organizations meet them or need improvement in these areas (Marquis & Huston, 2015, p. 279, Display 12.5).
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days who selected organizations with a structure that differed from yours using one or more of the following approaches:
- Compare differences in communication channels.
- Describe benefits and limitations of the different structures.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives on how communication channels may be impeded or facilitated through the organizational structure.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.