Get NURS 6201:Factors That Influence an Organization essay assignment help
NURS 6201 Week 1: Factors That Influence an Organization essay assignment
NURS 6201: Leadership in Nursing and Healthcare | Week 1 essay assignment
Leading and managing in the 21st century promises to be more complex than ever before, and leader–managers will be expected to have a greater skill set than ever before. The key to organizational success will likely be having enough highly qualified and visionary leader–managers to steer the course.
—Marquis & HustonNURS 6201:Factors That Influence an Organization essay assignment
How will you prepare for the challenges that lie ahead? For those who lead and manage in the evolving health care milieu, it is essential to be able to assess the internal and external factors that drive organizations. This week, you examine various types of organizations, and consider how commitment to patient care, teaching, and/or research influences organizational strategy.
Marquis, B. L., & Huston, C. J. (2017). Leadership roles and management functions in nursing: Theory and application (9th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.
- Analyze the mission, vision, and values of two different health care organizations
- Explain the responsibilities of nursing administrators to support an organization’s mission, vision, and values, and organizational strategies
- Apply a Strategic Planning tool, such as SWOT or Balanced Scorecard, to establish a realistic goal or objective consistent with the mission of the organization.
Discussion: Characteristics of an Organization essay assignment
Acute care…primary care
Teaching organization…research facility
Myriad characteristics influence the experiences of patients, nurses, and others in any health care setting. In addition to the factors noted above, the mission, vision, and values that guide an organization, as well as an institution’s commitments to patient care, teaching, and/or research, warrant significant consideration.
As a nurse leader–manager, it is helpful to look at all of these aspects, especially as they relate to strategic planning and the sustainability of the organization. To that end, for this Discussion you compare multiple aspects of two organizations and consider the implications for nursing. In addition, you will apply a Strategic Planning tool, such as SWOT or Balanced Scorecard, or Six Sigma principles to establish one realistic goal or objective consistent with the mission of the organization.
- Review the information in the Learning Resources regarding strategic planning; types of organizations; organizational commitments to patient care, teaching, and/or research; and the mission, vision, and values of organizations.
- Using the Internet, research various health care organizations (including those with which you are already familiar) that differ in focus, commitment, and mission, vision, and values. For the purposes of this Discussion, select two organizations with significant differences.
- Compare information about the two organizations. Based on the information presented in the Learning Resources, how do they differ?
- What are some possible implications of these differences for various stakeholders (e.g., nursing administration, patients, and community)? What does this mean for nursing’s role within each organization?
- Identify a goal or objective based on a strategic planning tool, such as SWOT or Balanced Scorecard, or Six Sigma consistent with the mission of the organization.
By Day 3
Post and Contrast two differing health care organization’s mission, vision, and values, and describe at least two potential implications of these distinctions for stakeholders of each organization. Explain how this informs the focus for nursing, noting the role that nursing administration plays in supporting and fulfilling the mission, vision, and values, and organizational strategies. Write a goal or objective, based on a strategic planning tool, such as SWOT, Balanced Scorecard, or Six Sigma consistent with the mission of one of the organizations.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information and evidence.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional sources.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.