Get NURS 6211: Process Analysis essay assignment help
NURS 6211 Week 11: Process Analysis essay assignment
NURS 6211: Finance and Economics in Health Care Delivery | Week 11 essay assignment
You have been preparing yourself to participate in your first 5k run. You have practiced faithfully and feel well prepared to receive a good time. When you get to the starting line, you find that an Olympic gold medalist in long distance running will also be in the race. When the race is over, would it be a good indicator of your success to compare your time with that of the Olympian? Could you use the example of the Olympian to set future goals?
NURS 6211: Process Analysis essay assignment
- Evaluate of the impact of process analysis on productivity, outcomes, and resource utilization
Discussion: Process Flow Analysis essay assignment
Have you ever encountered a process that had too many steps or was overly complicated? Perhaps you examined the process and looked for areas where you could remove steps or simplify its flow. If you did, you were conducting a process flow analysis. Process analysis is an important step in determining the financial well-being of an organization and pinpointing areas where changes could help improve the bottom line. In this Assignment, you will create a process flow analysis (also known as workflow diagramming) for an activity in your own organization (or one with which you are familiar).
- Review the information in the Learning Resources (including the Media) for this week dealing with how to perform a process flow analysis.
- Identify a process that is completed on a consistent basis in your organization (or one with which you are familiar). Examples of a process include such things as how a patient is moved through the system, or what must occur to prepare an examination room or hospital room for the next patient.
- Create a simple flow analysis map detailing the process using Microsoft Word using one of the methods below:
- Select SmartArt from the Insert menu and select a diagram that matches the flowchart structure you would like to use.
- Select Shapes from theInsert menu and select the shape that matches the flowchart piece you would like to use. Continue inserting shapes and connect them using the arrow shapes.
- Reflect on the ease or difficulty of obtaining the necessary information to create your flow analysis map.
- Identify “white space” as defined in the article, “Hospital Operating System: Unleashing Throughput Potential” found in the Learning Resources for this week.
- Determine strategies for improving the process flow.
- Reflect on the role of the process flow analysis in financial decision making and how it can have positive impacts on the process. Attach your Flow Analysis Map to your Discussion post.
Describe the process you analyzed and how you went about gathering the necessary information to create your flow analysis map. Identify specific areas of white space that need to be addressed and propose strategies for improving the process. Analyze how process flow analysis can be a useful tool in financial decision making and the ramifications of not using it. Be sure and include your flow analysis map when you turn in your paper.
Reminder: This Discussion assignment serves as your Portfolio Assignment for this course. Be sure to save this Discussion Assignment on both your hard drive and on an external drive.
By Day 3
Describe the process you analyzed and how you went about gathering the necessary information to create your flow analysis map. Identify specific areas of white space and propose strategies for improving the process. Analyze how process flow analysis can be a useful tool in financial decision making and the ramifications of not using it. Be sure and include your flow analysis map as part of your post.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.