Get NURS 6241: Introduction to Planning and the Planning Hierarchy essay assignment help
NURS 6241 Week 1: Introduction to Planning and the Planning Hierarchy essay assignment
NURS 6241: Strategic Planning in Health Care Organizations | Week 1 essay assignment
All nurses need to understand how to effectively survive and thrive with and within a business model while asserting and maintaining care excellence.
NURS 6241: Introduction to Planning and the Planning Hierarchy essay assignment
—Michele V. Sare and LeAnn Ogilvie, Strategic Planning for Nurses: Change Management in Health Care
As a nurse leader-manager, your role as an advocate may extend not only to patients but also to your fellow nurses and other health care professionals, the organization(s) in which you work, and all those impacted by the larger health delivery system. The dynamic nature of the health care environment requires you to be aware, knowledgeable, and proactive to serve the needs of various constituents and address concerns that are likely to arise in the coming years.
Through engagement in strategic planning, you can leverage your skills and expertise to address unmet needs at the organizational or systems level and generate positive long-term results. Doing so requires blending your understanding of nursing and health care with business principles to plan for opportunities and challenges on the horizon.
This week, you consider similarities and differences between the nursing process and the strategic planning process. You examine the principles of planning and the planning hierarchy, including what strategic planning is and how it differs from operational planning. You also begin to consider how you, as a nurse leader-manager, may contribute to developing, implementing, and evaluating a strategic plan.
- Analyze similarities and differences between the nursing process and strategic planning
- Evaluate the significance of strategic planning for nurse leader-managers
Discussion: Introduction to the Planning Process essay asignment
The nursing process provides a cornerstone for care. Engaging in assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation helps to move the patient from his or her current state toward a desired outcome. How does this correlate with the strategic planning process?
In this Discussion, you examine similarities and differences between the nursing process and strategic planning. You also consider why it is important for a nurse leader-manager to be familiar with the planning hierarchy and to apply business principles to promote strategic change at the organizational or systems level.
- Review the information related to the nursing process and the strategic planning process addressed in Chapter 4 of the Sare and Ogilvie text and the other Learning Resources. Think about how the nursing process is similar to and different from the strategic planning process.
- Reflect on the value of nurse leader-managers’ contributions to strategic planning, as discussed by Dr. Huston in this week’s media.
- Using the Walden library, identify an example from the literature that demonstrates why it is beneficial for nurse leader-managers to be familiar with the planning hierarchy and why they should be engaged in strategic planning in addition to and in contrast with operational planning.
By Day 3
Post an explanation of how you view the similarities and differences between the nursing process and the strategic planning process. Share an example from the literature that demonstrates why it is beneficial for nurse leader-managers to be aware of the planning hierarchy and why they should be engaged in strategic planning in addition to and in contrast with operational planning.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional resources.