Get NURS 6341:Specialty Practice Standards essay assignment help
NURS 6341 Week 8: Specialty Practice Standards essay assignment
NURS 6341: Specialty in Clinical Nursing | Week 8 essay assignment
“The process of recognizing an area of practice as a nursing specialty allows the profession to formally identify subset areas of focused practice. A clear description of that specialty nursing practice assists the larger community of nurses, healthcare consumers, and others to gain familiarity and understanding of the nursing specialty…. As nurses focus their practice on new and different areas of healthcare, clear statements of the scope of specialty nursing practice and standards of specialty practice and professional performance help assure continued understanding and recognition of nursing’s diverse professional contributions.”
—American Nurses Association’s Recognition of a Nursing Specialty… Acknowledgement of Specialty Nursing Standards of Practice (2010, pp. 12 and 17)
NURS 6341:Specialty Practice Standards essay assignment
Reflect on what you know about your specialty of interest and insights you have gained through your practicum experience. Is your specialty of interest well established or more recently developed? What are the levels of practice for nurses within the specialty? What standards of practice and professional performance guide and direct quality patient care within the specialty?
This week you reflect on your development as an advanced nurse educator as you share experiences from your practicum setting with your colleagues.
- Evaluate the impact of practicum experiences on personal development as an advanced nurse educator
- Analyze specialties of interest for evidence of advance knowledge*
- Analyze professional standards as a means to develop advanced knowledge in a specialty of interest*
- Analyze the practicum experience for application of professional standards*
- Evaluate methods for integrating specialty practice standards into a teaching experience*
- Evaluate a practicum experience in the context of interprofessional collaboration**
- Analyze development of personal interprofessional collaboration competencies**
- Evaluate the impact of interprofessional collaboration on nurse educators**
- Construct a detailed practicum log
Discussion: Sharing Experiences essay assignment
“Learning to think like a nurse involves developing skill with narrative structures and narrative thinking….Reasoning across time involves the ability to construct a sensible story of immediate events, their sequence, and their consequences, in terms of illness trajectories and life concerns.”
—Benner, Sutphen, Leonard, and Day (2010, p. 225)
Every practicing nurse, regardless of years of experience, is always in the process of refining the ability to “think like a nurse.” Through your practicum, you are gaining clinical experience in your specialty of interest. Through your Practicum Journal, you are constructing narrative accounts that capture particular events indicative of the specialty area, with your reflections capturing the specific learning that advances your knowledge.
In this Discussion, you share examples from Journal Entry 2, which you submitted in Week 7, and exchange experiences, insights and perspectives with colleagues.
- Reflect on your second journal entry. How might the experiences outlined in your narrative contribute to your development as an advanced nurse educator?
- Select at least two highlights from your second journal entry to share with your colleagues. Consider what insights each of these convey about your specialty of interest and your practicum experience.
By Day 3
Post at least two highlights from your second journal entry. Explain how these contribute to your development as an advanced nurse educator. Support your posting with references to current literature.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.