Get NURS 6401: Competencies for Nurse Informaticists essay assignment help
NURS 6401 Week 4: Competencies for Nurse Informaticists essay assignment
NURS 6401: Informatics in Nursing and Healthcare | Week 4 essay assignment
The rapid changes in health information technology (HIT) systems around the world are evolving the way nurses and other health care providers deliver care at the bedside and beyond. As technological advances continue, nurse informaticists will understandably become the leaders of informatics implementations. For nurse informaticists to effectively lead this charge, they must first become proficient in various competencies that are associated with their implementation role. In addition, they must be aware of the various design considerations of the systems that they are implementing.
NURS 6401: Competencies for Nurse Informaticists essay assignment
This week you examine the competencies required of various informatics roles. You also begin to explore design considerations and the use of workarounds for informatics systems.
- Analyze theories and conceptual frameworks pertinent to nursing informatics initiatives
- Evaluate applications of theories or conceptual frameworks to informatics initiatives
Discussion: Informatics Competencies essay assignment
Nursing informatics is a discipline that is still evolving. Yet, there is a set of core skills and knowledge that applies to all individuals who work as nurse informaticists and many competencies that are specific to informatics roles, positions, tasks, and responsibilities. For example, a nurse informaticist who works as a consultant for a health care technology company and a nurse informaticist who works as a professor at a university will share much of the same expertise and knowledge. However, they will also have distinct competencies specific to their unique roles.
In this Discussion, you explore informatics competencies within the informatics functional area you selected for the Week 1 Assignment.
- Review nursing informatics competencies such as those outlined by the American Nurses Association (ANA), the Technology Informatics Guiding Education Reform (TIGER), and the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN).
- Review this week’s media presentation Competencies for Nurse Informaticists, and reflect on the competencies outlined by the presenters.
- Recall the informatics functional area you identified in the Week 1 Assignment. With this in mind, what competencies would be most important for you to master? How might you go about developing these competencies?
- Create a list of competencies you would like to master.
By Day 3
Post a brief description of the informatics functional area in which you are interested. Then, identify at least four ANA, TIGER and/or QSEN competencies that you believe to be vital for success in this functional area, and justify your choices. Explain how you might successfully develop and master each of these competencies.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days using one or more of the following approaches:
- Suggest other competencies that might also be important for success and explain why.
- Validate a competency with your own experience and additional research.