Get NURS 6421 Week 6: Examine the Current Workflow essay assignment help
NURS 6421 Week 6: Examine the Current Workflow essay assignment
NURS 6421: Supporting Workflow in Healthcare Systems | Week 6 essay assignment
As clarified last week, having an inaccurate workflow model can be worse than having no model at all. Can you image trying to follow a map that failed to include all of the streets in an area or even added a few that did not exist? If you use an inaccurate workflow model to determine workflow issues and their corresponding solutions, you may find yourself trying to implement solutions to problems that do not even exist! Because of the vital importance of clear and accurate workflow modeling, reviewing and critiquing that model is a crucial step that can prevent many unintended negative consequencesNURS 6421 Week 6: Examine the Current Workflow essay assignment
This week, you complete a peer review of one another’s current-state workflow models and provide feedback on how the workflow model can be more effective in illustrating the current state. You also continue working on Part 2 of the Course Project, in which you conduct your gap analysis, summarize the results, and finalize your current-state workflow model in Visio.
- Evaluate current-state workflow models in health care settings
Discussion: Peer Review of Workflow Models essay assignment
In the Week 4 Discussion, you explored the benefits of gaining an outsider’s perspective on a workflow issue or gap you are investigating. It can be equally beneficial to request feedback from others on the accuracy and clarity of a workflow model.
In this Discussion, you and your colleagues critique one another’s Visio drafts of your workflow models that you created for Part 1 of the Course Project and provide feedback on how to make the workflow model more complete. You also receive feedback on your own workflow model and consider additional information that you may need to collect as you conduct your gap analysis.
- By Day 1 of this week, your Instructor will have assigned you to review two colleagues’ Visio drafts. Locate these drafts in Doc Sharing.
- Examine each workflow model using the basic requirements outlined in the Course Project. Consider the following:
- Does each draft use standard Visio workflow shapes for start and end points, basic steps, and decision points?
- Are all points connected with arrows flowing in the correct direction?
- Are swimlanes present to identify who completes each task?
- Carefully read through each workflow model.
- Does it make sense?
- What areas are unclear or confusing?
- Are all decision points adequately explained?
- What parts need additional detail?
- Identify at least one additional gap in each workflow. For example, this may be a redundant task, an unnecessary task, an ineffective system or process, or an area where staff need support. What meaningful use objective or objectives are related to the identified gap?
Note: Before you submit your initial post, replace the subject line (“RE: Discussion – Week 6”) with “Peer Review of _________.” Fill in the blank with the first and last name of the colleague whose Visio draft you reviewed.
With these thoughts in mind:
By Day 3 and By Day 5
Post your reviews of your colleagues’ Visio drafts. Identify any basic requirements (standard workflow shapes, arrow directions, decision points, swimlanes, etc.) that are unmet or need revision. Also identify areas that lack information and what additional detail is necessary to clarify those areas. Describe the gap you identified in the workflow and explain how it is related to at least one meaningful use objective.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days.
In your response, reflect on the lessons learned from this Assignment. Explain what further understanding you have gained about modeling a workflow, the level of detail required, and how to accurately reflect workflow processes (e.g., decision points). How will you apply this understanding to your gap analysis and to revising your current-state workflow model?