Get NURS 6441 Week 11: Project Closeout Part II essay assignment help
NURS 6441 Week 11: Project Closeout Part II essay assignment
NURS 6441: Project Management: Healthcare Information Technology | Week 11 essay assignment
Health information technology projects frequently require considerable support beyond implementation, which may cause issues among project managers, vendors, and clients. In situations such as these, it is helpful for the project manager to have a firm grasp of the ethical standards of project management..NURS 6441 Week 11: Project Closeout Part II essay assignment
This week you assess ethical considerations involved in HIT project management. You also assess lessons learned in a health information technology (HIT) project closeout.
- Assess ethical considerations in health information technology project closeouts
- Assess lessons learned in an health information technology project closeout
- Evaluate participation in an HIT project
Discussion: Ethical Considerations essay assignment
Imagine that you are employed by an EHR vendor and are the project manager for a hospital’s EHR implementation. If your team has technically satisfied all of the project requirements specified in the project plan but the hospital staff has encountered numerous issues during the go-live, what level of continued support would be ethical? After all, your team has technically fulfilled its requirements. What is the ethical balance between providing the minimum required level of support and becoming mired in a support process that never seems to end?
In this Discussion, you explore these issues by assessing the ethical considerations in a HIT project closeout.
- Review the Project Management Institute Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Conduct additional research in the Walden Library databases and other online sources that address ethical considerations during project closeout.
- Consider when it is appropriate to provide support for a project past its stipulated timeline. How could this expanded support benefit and/or harm a project vendor?
- How might you decide when to stop providing support?
- Think about how maintaining your reputation as a vendor might affect your decision to provide support.
By Day 3
Post your stance on ethical considerations regarding project closeouts. Explain when it may be appropriate to provide support for a project past its stipulated timeline and the ramifications of doing so. Justify your response.
By Day 6
Repsond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days, using one or more of the following approaches:
- Refute or validate your colleagues’ ideas on how closely a vendor should adhere to the support period of a project schedule.
- Critique your colleagues’ analysis of when it might be acceptable to provide support beyond a stipulated timeline.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings about additional action after a support period by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives.