Get NURS 6550: Conditions of the Cardiovascular System essay assignment help
NURS 6550 Week 4: Conditions of the Cardiovascular System essay assignment
NURS 6550: Conditions of the Cardiovascular System | Week 4 essay assignment
Jeff Cole was hospitalized at age 60 for cardiomyopathy with congestive heart failure. As a result of a timely evaluation and diagnosis, Cole had a more positive health outcome than the majority of other patients with his condition. By working closely with Cole to develop a personalized treatment plan, his health care provider was also able to improve his long-term prognosis (St. Anthony’s Medical Center, 2014).
NURS 6550: Conditions of the Cardiovascular System essay assignment
After the initial recovery, patients like Cole often struggle to adhere to treatment plans. However, by collaborating with patients and developing regimes that consider their lifestyle needs, you can help improve health outcomes for patients with cardiovascular conditions.
This week, as you explore the etiology and clinical presentations of cardiovascular conditions in acute care settings, you will examine strategies for assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients with cardiovascular conditions.
By the end of this week, students will:
- Evaluate patients with cardiovascular conditions
- Develop differential diagnoses for patients with cardiovascular conditions
- Develop treatment plans for patients with cardiovascular conditions
Assignment 1: Assessing, Diagnosing, and Treating Conditions of the Cardiovascular System essay assignment
Cardiovascular conditions are among the leading causes of hospitalization, and they are of particular importance because they often require immediate medical responses. This makes it essential that you not only be able to identify quickly signs and symptoms of these conditions but also be fluent in current evidence-based treatment guidelines. For this Assignment, as you examine this week’s i-Human patient case study, consider how you might evaluate and treat patients who present with cardiovascular conditions
- Review this week’s Learning Resources. Consider how to assess, diagnose, and treat conditions of the cardiovascular system.
- Review this week’s i-Human case study. Based on the patient information provided, think about the health history you would need to collect from each patient
- Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to help you gather more information about the patient’s condition. Reflect on how the results would be used to make a diagnosis.
- Identify three to five possible conditions to consider in a differential diagnosis for the patient.
- Consider the patient’s diagnosis. Think about clinical guidelines that might support this diagnosis.
- Reflect on a treatment plan for the patient that includes health promotion and patient education strategies.
As you interact with this week’s i-Human patient, complete the assigned case study. For guidance on using i-Human, refer to the i-Human Patients Case Player Student Manual in the Week 1 Learning Resources.
By Day 7
This Assignment is due.
Assignment 2: Board Vitals essay assignment
This week you will be responding to twenty Board Vitals questions that cover the following topics:
- Cardiovascular System
These review questions will provide practice that is critical in your preparation for the national certification exam that’s required to certify you to practice as a nurse practitioner. These customized test questions are designed to help you prepare for your Nurse Practitioner certification exam. It is in your best interest to take your time, do your best, and answer each question to the best of your ability. You can access Board Vitals through the link sent to you in email or by following the link below:
By Day 7
Complete the Board Vitals questions.