Get NURS 6560:Care of Patients With Respiratory Conditions and Shock essay assignment
NURS 6560 Week 5: Assessment and Care of Patients With Respiratory Conditions and Shock essay assignment
NURS 6560: Advanced Practice Care of Adults in Acute Care Settings II | Week 5 essay assignment
Greg Andrews was hospitalized for extreme nausea, which he attributed to possible food poisoning. Although he was discharged after a few hours, his condition worsened the following day. After being rushed back to the hospital, he quickly fell into a 3-week coma. Tests revealed that the cause of Greg’s nausea was actually pneumonia that had progressed to sepsis. As his organs began to shut down from the sepsis, blood flow to his extremities decreased, requiring the amputation of his limbs. Although Greg’s prognosis was grim, he managed to recover from his illness after a long-term stay in acute care (UC Health Media Room, 2013). As his case demonstrates, the condition of pulmonary and shock patients can change rapidly over a short time period, and patients sometimes must undergo surgical procedures. As an advanced practice nurse who cares for patients before, during, and after surgery, you must understand how to stabilize and support patients throughout all phases of their care.
NURS 6560:Care of Patients With Respiratory Conditions and Shock essay assignment
This week, as you examine the pre- and post-operative care of patients with conditions respiratory conditions and shock, you explore strategies for assessment, diagnosis, and treatment.
By the end of this week, students will:
- Evaluate medical and surgical patients with respiratory conditions
- Develop differential diagnoses for medical and surgical patients with respiratory conditions
- Develop treatment plans for medical and surgical patients with respiratory conditions
Assignment 1: Assessing, Diagnosing, and Treating Pre- and Post-Operative Care Patients – Respiratory Conditions and Shock essay assignment
In your role as the advanced practice nurse, it is critical that you be able to identify even the earliest signs of health conditions related to pulmonary issues and shock. Although these conditions often are triggered by common infections and environmental factors, they can progress quickly to life-threatening circumstances. For this Assignment, as you examine this week’s i-Human patient case study, consider how you might evaluate and treat pre- and post-operative patients who present with health conditions related to pulmonary issues and shock.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources. With respiratory conditions and shock in mind, consider how to assess, diagnose, and treat patients in pre- and post-operative care.
- Review this week’s i-Human study. Based on the patient information provided, think about the health history you would need to collect from the patient.
- Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to gather more information about each patient’s condition. Reflect on how the results would be used to make a diagnosis.
- Identify three to five possible conditions to consider in a differential diagnosis for the patient.
- Consider the patient’s diagnosis. Think about clinical guidelines that might support this diagnosis.
- Develop a treatment plan for the patient that includes health promotion and patient education strategies for medical and surgical patients with respiratory conditions and shock.
As you interact with this week’s i-Human patient, complete the assigned case study. For guidance on using i-Human, refer to the i-Human Rubrici-Human Patients Case Player Student Manual in the Week 2 Learning Resources.
By Day 7
This Assignment is due.
Assignment 2: Midterm Practicum Evaluation essay assignment
By Day 7
Submit your Midterm Practicum Evaluation to Meditrek.