Get NURS 6560:Patients With Oncologic Conditions-Organ Transplants essay assignment help
NURS 6560 Week 11: Assessment and Care of Patients With Oncologic Conditions-Organ Transplants and Medical Ethical Considerations essay assignment
NURS 6560: Advanced Practice Care of Adults in Acute Care Settings II | Week 11 essay assignment
“In today’s health care settings, there are many opportunities for the [nurse] to share expertise, experience, and knowledge in addressing situations in which there are ethical decisions and moral agency and advocacy implications.”
—Janet G. Whetstone Foster & Suzanne S. Prevost (2012, p. 16)
NURS 6560:Patients With Oncologic Conditions-Organ Transplants
Oncology and organ transplant patients often present with complex health conditions. The complexity of these conditions will require you, as the advanced practice nurse, to address various medical ethical considerations. As patients and their families face difficult healthcare decisions, you will be trusted to make decisions for their well-being. For these reasons, it is critical that ethical behavior drive your nursing practice.
This week, you discuss medical ethical considerations in acute care settings. Then, as you study the pre- and post-operative care of patients with oncology conditions and organ transplants, you examine special considerations for assessment, diagnosis, and treatment.
By the end of this week, students will:
- Assess patient evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment in acute medical and surgical settings
Exam: Final Exam essay assignment
This exam will cover topics related to assessing, diagnosing, and treating the following in pre- and post-operative care patients:
- General pre- and post-operative care
- Head, neck, esophagus, and diaphragm
- Respiratory conditions and shock
- Acute abdomen, stomach/duodenum, and appendix
- Liver/biliary tract, pancreas, and spleen
- Intestines, hernias, and abdominal wall lesions
- Adrenal and urogynecologic conditions
- Neurologic and orthopedic conditions and plastic/reconstructive surgery
- Oncologic conditions, organ transplants, and medical ethical considerations
By Day 7
Complete the Final Exam. Before starting the exam, you should review all of your materials.