Get NURS 6600 Week 4: Practicum Project Methodology and Evaluation essay assignment help
NURS 6600 Week 4:Methodology and Evaluation essay assignment
NURS 6600: Capstone Synthesis Practicum | Week 4 essay assignment
What strategies would help you to achieve the goal and objectives you have established for your Practicum Project? How would you determine whether you have accomplished your goal and objectives and assess the consequences of the intervention?
NURS 6600 Week 4: Practicum Project Methodology and Evaluation essay assignment
Drawing from theory and concepts presented throughout your program of study, the methodology for your Practicum Project addresses how you will accomplish each of the project objectives. The evaluation focuses on criteria and evidence used to assess the project.
This week, you continue to develop your Practicum Project Plan, which is due in Week 5, with a focus on methodology and evaluation.
By the end of this week, students will:
- Evaluate methodology appropriate for addressing a health care issue or problem in the practicum setting*
- Analyze methods for evaluating a health care issue or problem in the practicum setting*
- Evaluate the application of theory or theories as it relates to the practicum or practice experience*
- Analyze a Practicum Experience in the context of nursing leadership and management or nursing informatics**
- Construct a detailed Practicum Time Log**
- Evaluate evidence that demonstrates professional growth for inclusion in a Professional Portfolio***
* You continue working on the Assignment related to these Learning Objectives, introduced in Week 4 and submitted in Week 5.
** The Assignments related to these Learning Objectives are introduced this week and submitted in Week 7.
*** You continue working on the Assignment related to this Learning Objective, introduced in Week 2 and submitted in Week 11.
Consider the following scenario:
With a clear conception of her Practicum Project goal and objectives, Sandra was optimistic that she was on the right track. Then she started to consider the methodology for her project and realized how much she still needed to figure out. She began to think about the theories and concepts she had examined in her program of study and how they might inform her methodology. The biggest challenge, she discovered, was in mapping the strategies that would help her achieve each objective. How would she decide what would be most effective? What barriers were likely to arise? She also realized that she needed to think about evaluation early in order to establish appropriate criteria and make sure she could assess the evidence related to the process, impact, and outcomes of her project. She wondered how she might use formative evaluation to develop and improve the project, as well as how she could use summative evaluation following the implementation of the project to determine if it had been successful.
Consider the models, theories, and concepts you have examined in your program of study as they relate to your project. Which of these can be applied to the development of methodology to help you achieve the project objectives? Which ones can be used to help you establish criteria and methods of evaluation for your project?
In this Discussion, you examine and propose the methodology for your Practicum Project, as well as evaluation methods. The insights you gain through this Discussion should be integrated into your Practicum Project Plan, which is due in Week 5.
- Reflect on the Practicum Project goal and objectives you developed in Week 3.
- Refer to the Practicum Project Plan (PPP) Overview document as needed for information related to the assignment.
- Consider the models, theories, and concepts you have examined in your program of study as they relate to your project. How can this information be applied to the development of the methodology and evaluation for your project?
- Review the information on methodology in the Learning Resources, and conduct additional research to facilitate your analysis for your project. Evaluate the who, what, how, where, and when associated with each objective: Who will make what change, by how much, where, and by when? Consider the methods you could use to meet each objective. Devise your methodology in as much detail as possible to identify how you could meet each objective. For example, identify which professional organizations or regulatory bodies you would consult (by viewing their websites or contacting them directly) to gather evidence.
- Review the information on formative and summative evaluation in this week’s Learning Resources, and conduct additional research to facilitate your analysis for your project. How could you evaluate achievement of your Practicum Project objectives using formative and/or summative evaluation? Begin to develop an evaluation plan for your Practicum Project.
By Day 3
Post a brief summary of your Practicum Project focus, including the goal and objectives of your Practicum Project (to serve as a reminder for your colleagues). Explain your selected methodology, and justify your selection. Include a detailed explanation of how you could meet each objective using this methodology. Also explain your evaluation plan, noting at which points during your Practicum Project formative and/or summative evaluation will occur.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days, using one or more of the following approaches:
- Comment on your colleague’s methodology, offering suggestions for improvement as appropriate.
- Suggest an alternative evaluation method for your colleague’s project.