Get NURS 6600 Week 8: Practicum Project Implementation essay assignment help
NURS 6600 Week 8: Practicum Project Implementation essay assignment
NURS 6600: Capstone Synthesis Practicum | Week 8 essay assignment
Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.
— Peter Drucker, Writer, Professor, and Management Consultant
The Practicum Project is a defining achievement of your work in this MSN program. To successfully complete the Practicum Project requirements, you must devote time and attention to evaluating your progress and addressing any concerns that arise during implementation.
In this week’s optional Discussion you have the opportunity to consult and collaborate with your colleagues about the progress of your Practicum Project. You are encouraged to use this occasion to address any questions or concerns you have encountered and to learn from others about how they are spearheading the Practicum Project.
By the end of this week, students will:
- Analyze a Practicum Experience in the context of nursing leadership and management or nursing informatics*
- Construct a detailed Practicum Time Log*
* The Assignment related to these Learning Objectives is introduced this week and submitted in Week 11.
Discussion: Practicum Project Progress Check (Optional) essay assignment
Consider the following scenario:
When Dalia created her Practicum Project Plan, she thought she would have plenty of time to work on her project after her plan was approved. However, she was not nearly as far along with her Practicum Project as she had expected to be due to scheduling difficulties with her Preceptor over the past couple of weeks. She knew that she had limited time to finish her project, and she was starting to feel nervous. Was there some aspect of her plan that could be adjusted given these constraints? Alternatively, would she and her Preceptor be able to adjust her practicum hours in the next few weeks to give her the time she needed?
In Week 5, you submitted your Practicum Project Plan. How has the implementation of your Practicum Project progressed since you received approval of your plan? Have you been able to adhere to your timeline?
This optional Discussion provides an opportunity to assess your progress with your Practicum Project. It is not required, and you will not receive a grade for your participation.
(Optional) To prepare:
- Reflect on the goal and objectives you identified in your Practicum Project Plan.
- Evaluate your progress toward achieving your Practicum Project goal and objectives. Consider the following questions:
- How have specific activities helped you to meet your Practicum Project goal and objectives?
- If you are not satisfied with your progress toward meeting your goal and objectives, what will you do to ensure you accomplish them before the end of this practicum? How will you revise your project timeline?
- What challenges or unexpected opportunities have arisen at your practicum site?
- Consider what the next few weeks may entail in terms of your Practicum Project. Do you anticipate any challenges? If so, how will you mitigate or manage those challenges?
- Conduct a literature search and locate two or more articles that relate to your Practicum Project. As you read these articles, consider how you can apply insights to your project.
(Optional) Post an assessment of your progress toward achieving your Practicum Project goal and objectives. Evaluate how your involvement in specific activities has contributed to your progress. Explain what you will do to make sure you accomplish your goal and objectives by the end of this practicum. Describe challenges or unexpected opportunities that have arisen. Also, describe any challenges that you anticipate may arise, and explain how you will mitigate or manage those challenges. Share insights from the literature that relate to your project.
Note: To provide sufficient time for dialogue and support, you are encouraged to post on or before Day 3.
(Optional) Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to your colleagues using one or more of the following approaches:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleague’s posting, synthesizing the information to provide a new perspective.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.