Get NURS 6670: Gender Dysphoria-Paraphilic-Disorders-Sexual Dysfunction essay assignment help
NURS 6670 Week 11: Gender Dysphoria, Paraphilic Disorders, and Sexual Dysfunction essay assignment
NURS 6670: Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Role II: Adults and Older Adults | Week 11 essay assignment
I have been under a lot of stress lately. Between my job, the house and kids, and my wife complaining, I don’t seem to have the “staying power” I used to. Our sex life used to be perfect, but now I cannot perform as well or as often as I used to. My wife does not seem to understand and now I am feeling inadequate. I have a long life in front of me and I don’t want to live without feeling like a true man.”
Larry, age 40NURS 6670: Gender Dysphoria-Paraphilic-Disorders-Sexual Dysfunction essay assignment
This week’s topics include gender dysphoria, paraphilic disorders, and sexual dysfunction. The term gender dysphoria is the diagnosis describing those persons who experience incongruence between their gender assigned at birth and their experienced gender. Paraphilic disorders include pedophilia, exhibitionism, fetishism, and voyeurism, for example. Sexual dysfunction disorders include, most commonly, male erectile disorder, female orgasmic disorder, and other disorders. These diagnoses may be treated with pharmacologic and psychotherapy modalities.
This week, you will explore ways to assess and care for persons with gender dysphoria, paraphilic disorders, and sexual dysfunction disorders as outlined in the DSM-5.
Discussion: Assessment and Treatment of Gender Dysphoria, Paraphilic Disorders, and Sexual Dysfunction essay assignment
Sexuality is an important part of each person’s quality of life. Research indicates that awareness of sexual identity and its importance may begin as early as age 3. However, individuals with varying diagnoses, disorders, or dysfunctions may grapple with issues related to their sexuality in their teen years, as well as into adulthood.
In this Discussion, you will explore the assessment and treatment of gender dysphoria, paraphilic disorders, and sexual dysfunction.
- Analyze diagnostic criteria for gender dysphoria, paraphilic disorders and sexual dysfunction
- Analyze evidence-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatments for gender/sexual disorders
- Compare differential diagnostic features of gender/sexual disorders
Note: For this Discussion, you are required to complete your initial post before you will be able to view and respond to your colleagues’ postings. Begin by clicking on the “Post to Discussion Question” link and then select “Create Thread” to complete your initial post. Remember, once you click submit, you cannot delete or edit your own posts, and cannot post anonymously. Please check your post carefully before clicking Submit!
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Select a gender dysphoria, paraphilic disorder, or sexual dysfunction that interests you.
- Review the Learning Resources.
NURS 6670: Gender Dysphoria-Paraphilic-Disorders-Sexual Dysfunction
By Day 3
- Explain the diagnostic criteria for the gender dysphoria, paraphilic disorder, or sexual dysfunction you selected.
- Explain the evidenced-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for the gender dysphoria, paraphilic disorder, or sexual dysfunction you selected.
- Support your rationale with references to the Learning Resources or other academic resource.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues by comparing the differential diagnostic features of the disorder you selected to the diagnostic features of the disorder your colleagues were assigned.
Assignment: Final Exam essay assignment
This exam is designed to assess how well you have synthesized the information from all your PMHNP courses. It draws upon the material from all the textbooks from NURS 6630, NURS 6640, NURS 6670, NURS 6660, and NURS 6670. It is very similar to what you will experience in your certification exam.
- Assess knowledge of adult and older adult psychotherapy concepts and principles (E)
This exam will cover the following topics:
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
- Neurocognitive Disorders
- Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders
- Sleep/Wake Disorders, Parasomnias
- Gender Dysphoria, Paraphilic Disorders, & Sexual Dysfunction
By Day 7
Complete the Final Exam by. Prior to starting the exam, you should review all of your materials