Get NURS 6710 Week 10: Health Promotion and Disease Prevention essay assignment help
NURS 6710 Week 10: Health Promotion and Disease Prevention essay assignment
The effectiveness of health promotion and disease prevention interventions is closely aligned with the quality of relationship a public health program, represented in part by nurses, has with the population of focus. Empowering communities to define their health needs and to collaborate on an agreed upon plan of action makes a difference in measurable health outcomes. The following quote from this week’s Learning Resources offers insight into what this might look like in practice: “Nurses participate in this collaborative and interprofessional process through community assessments, community development activities, and identification of key persons in the community with whom to build partnerships for health programs.” (Stanhope, p. 383)
This week, you will analyze health promotion programs and public health models for a health indicator of interest.
- Analyze local health promotion programs
- Evaluate benefits and challenges of health promotion programs
- Analyze public health theories or models to guide efforts to address a specific health indicator
- Evaluate public health theories and models
- Apply public health theories and models to public health issues
Assignment: Health Promotion Programs essay assignment
Health promotion programs provide a conduit for public health nurses and the individuals, communities, and populations they collaborate with to achieve the ultimate goal of health and well-being, as defined in partnership, for all.
For this Assignment, you will analyze a selected health indicator through the lens of health promotion programs and a public heath theory, model, or framework.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Research health promotion programs in your state or area tied to the health indicator rankings selected in Week 9.
Write a 2- to-3-page paper that addresses the following:
- Identify and provide a brief description of at least two health promotion programs that address the health indicator you selected.
- Explain the benefits and challenges of identified health promotion programs in addressing the health indicator selected.
- Identify a public health theory, model, or framework that may apply to the public health issue you selected.
- Identify relevant core concepts and assumptions of the theory, model, or framework and how they relate to the public health issue you selected.
- Justify why this public health theory, model, or framework is the most appropriate choice for this public health issue.
- Explain how you might apply the public health theory, model, or framework to the public health issue you selected.
- Explain what additional insight you gained regarding the public health issue as you viewed it through the lens of the theory, model, or framework you selected.
Note: This Assignment will serve as your Portfolio Assignment for this course.
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment.