Get NURS 6720 Week 11: Disseminating Your Results essay assignment help
NURS 6720: Population-based Public Health Nursing Interventions | Week 11
At the onset of a project, public health nursing professionals should consider how the results of their projects will be disseminated. Developing a dissemination plan will help guide the project and keep the project team focused on the goal. The first question you must consider is “Who is the audience for the results of my project?” In other words, who will benefit from the information? The answer to this question will drive the dissemination plan and determine the communication methods.
Remember, there are many stakeholders with an interest in the outcomes of public health projects. First and foremost, it is crucial to remember that the community is at the center of all we do. The results of any project that is created in partnership with the community must be reported back to the community, or else community trust will be eroded. Each group of potential stakeholders must be identified and careful plans made for communication strategies used for reaching the target audience. For example, a public health nurse who conducts a community-based project aimed at reducing childhood obesity might choose to use social media, flyers, information sheets, blogs, or community forums to share the results with the community audience. Another audience would be the agency or agencies connected with the project. A public health nurse would consider a more professional presentation for this audience. Finally, it is important that public health nursing professionals disseminate the results of their projects to the broader audience of public health experts through publication of articles in peer-reviewed journals such as the ones you explored in Week 1 of this course.
This week, you will share your presentation to communicate your public health design and provide feedback to your peers on their presentations.
- Create public health program design presentation
- Provide peer feedback
- Create detailed time logs
- Analyze Practicum Experience problems, issues, or situations
- Apply evidence-based concepts, principles, and theories to practicum experiences
Course Project Presentation – Designing a Public Health Program
NURS 6720 Week 11: Disseminating Your Results essay help
This week you will share your presentation of your course project with your peers. As you prepare for this final presentation, keep in mind that this is not merely an academic obligation. The ability to present information effectively is an essential skill for public health nurses. Your ability to inform and communicate evidence-based needs and priorities effectively can lead to increased support for your initiative, behavior change, and/or lead to the achievement of positive health outcomes.
- Review your Instructor’s feedback on course project assignments throughout the course.
- Consider how you would market your public health program
- Review Course Project Presentation Overview document
By Day 1
Develop and Post to the Discussion Board a 10- to 25-slide PowerPoint presentation that includes the following:
- Title slide with the following:
- Title of your Course Project
- Walden University
- Course number
- Your name
- (Do not include the names of your practicum Faculty Member or Preceptor)
- A summary of the Course Project topic, goal(s), objectives, and rationale
- A summary of the methodology
- A summary of the findings
- Conclusions and recommendations that incorporate an evaluation of the findings in terms of utility and potential for impact within your professional specialty and your practicum organization’s environment
- Examples of scholarly product(s) developed for the Practicum Project, if applicable (you may use screen shots or scans to incorporate these items into your presentation)
- A summary slide that properly synthesizes and concludes the presentation
- A list of references (including a minimum of five scholarly resources), properly
- formatted using APA style
In addition, you must do the following:
- Write detailed speaker notes for each slide to complement the slide content.
- Speaker notes should be clear, in-depth, and function as augmentation of the slide material. Note:These notes should be written with sufficient depth to allow someone else to deliver the presentation.
Make sure the PowerPoint presentation reflects graduate-level writing and presentation standards, with professional-looking graphics and appropriate type style.
By Day 5
Review a selection of your colleagues’ presentations.
Post one or more questions related to the content of the presentation posted by at least one of your colleagues. Be sure to direct your inquiry to someone who has not yet received a question.