Get NURS 6720 Week 4: Planning a Public Health Program essay assignment help
NURS 6720 Week 4: Planning a Public Health Program: Phase 1 essay assignment
NURS 6720: Population-based Public Health Nursing Interventions | Week 4 essay assignment
NURS 6720 Week 4: Planning a Public Health Program essay assignment
The process for planning a public health program begins with the big picture – the health issue or problem that you have identified. It is an analysis of the big picture issue that provides the framework for developing the plan – from the long-term goal down to intermediate and short-term goals, and then to more specific objectives and strategies that support achievement at each level. Traditionally, long term goals are those that take more than a year to realize. They are very broad and reflect significant outcomes at the population level. Intermediate goals are those that typically are capable of being achieved in three to six months. Finally, short term goals are those that can be achieved more easily in less than three months. These goals reflect the more immediate impact of a health promotion program.
This week, you will start to develop your course project, focusing on details associated with your selected issue of interest and starting the development of your logic model to use as a tool to develop the public health program plan.
- Analyze health issues that can be addressed through public health programs
- Analyze populations impacted by health issues
- Create logic models*
- Develop short, medium, and long-term outcomes for intervention plans*
- Create practicum project goals
- Justify practicum projects
- Define methods for implementing practicum projects
- Develop practicum project evaluation plans
*The Assignments related to these Learning Objectives are introduced this week and submitted in Week 5.
As described in this week’s introduction, the planning of a program starts at the highest level- the topic or issue. The early weeks of this course have provided the opportunity to choose a health issue to carry through the steps of the public health program planning process. For this Discussion, you will share a summary of the topic/issue you plan to focus on and the population(s) impacted.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review the handout “Planning a Public Health Intervention”
- Consider your initial thoughts on a public health program you would want to initiate based on health issues you have discussed with your agency Preceptor.
- Review the literature and relevant websites describing different aspects of the issue.
By Day 3
Post a summary of the health issue of interest that you will target through the program you plan. In addition, post a description of the population impacted by this health issue – include incidence and prevalence rates, geographic and demographic distribution, etc.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days by providing feedback to colleagues with an insight or suggestion based on your agency experience.