Get NURS 8100 Week 3: The Policy Process essay assignment help
NURS 8100/8100F/8100M/8100A Week 3: The Policy Process essay assignment
NURS 8100/8100F/8100M/8100A: Healthcare Policy and Advocacy | Week 3 essay assignment
This week, you will investigate the process of creating health care policy beginning with agenda setting and the policy proposal. How does an issue move along the continuum from simple discussion to policy development? How do you identify key stakeholders and enlist their support in moving a health care issue forward?
To gain experience in the policy process, you will critically analyze recommendations from the Institute of Medicine’s The Future of Nursing report brief and create a policy brief based on your analysis. These are skills that advanced nursing practice requires, and which support your ability to participate in public policy making at all levels: institutional, local, state, national, and international.
- Develop strategies for raising clinical practice issues to an organization’s systematic agenda
- Critically analyze a health policy proposal from the perspective of consumers, nurses, other health professionals, and additional stakeholders
- Develop a scholarly and professionally written policy brief
Discussion: Agenda Setting essay assignment
A key aspect of the policy process is agenda setting. How do topics get on that agenda? Agenda setting requires the support of stakeholders to move the issue forward. In this week’s media presentation, Dr. Kathleen White outlines the policy process and discusses how to move issues into the policy arena through agenda setting. The ultimate goal is to gain the attention of leadership whether at the organizational, local, state, national, or international level.
- Review this week’s media presentation, focusing on the insights shared by Dr. White and Dr. Stanley on agenda setting and identification of stakeholders.
- Brainstorm clinical practice issues that you believe are worthy of being on your organization’s systematic agenda.
- Who are the stakeholders who would be interested in this clinical practice issue?
By Day 3
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
- In the first line of your posting, identify the clinical practice issue you would like to see on your organization’s systematic agenda.
- What strategies would you use to inform stakeholders and persuade them of the importance of your identified clinical practice issue?
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues providing additional strategies for informing and persuading stakeholders. Include additional research evidence that supports the importance of their identified clinical practice issue.
Note: Please see the Syllabus and Discussion Rubric for formal Discussion question posting and response evaluation criteria.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you learned and/or any insights you gained as a result of the comments made by your colleagues.