Get NURS 8100 Week 8: Federal Role in Health Care Policy essay assignment help
NURS 8100/8100F/8100M/8100A Week 8: Federal Role in Health Care Policy essay assignment
NURS 8100/8100F/8100M/8100A: Healthcare Policy and Advocacy | Week 8 essay assignment
How does the organization and structure of government, including the existence of multiple levels (federal, state, local), promote or hamper effective policy making and implementation? What role does the federal government, in particular, play in the development of policies that affect nursing practice in today’s health care organizations? This week, you will examine how federalism has influenced the current health care system. You will consider the positive, or negative, implications of redundancy in health policy resulting from different levels of government.
NURS 8100 Week 8: Federal Role in Health Care Policy essay assignment
- Assess the implications of federalism in health care policy making
- Analyze the politics and issues surrounding a current health care policy
Discussion: Federalism’s Impact on Policy essay assignment
The fragmentation of the U.S. health care system, with its differing modes of financing and service delivery, is a reflection of a dispersed government structure. Policy making is shared and distributed across various branches and levels of government. As a result, policy making processes can be slow to respond, manipulated towards personal interests, and often redundant. Consider, for example, the public entitlement programs such as Medicaid, Medicare, the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIPS), and the PPACA of 2010. Where is there overlap between these policies? How do they demonstrate a dispersed government structure?
This week, you will analyze the role of the federal government in health care policy making.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources focusing on the France article and the textbook readings.
- Identify two nursing or health care policies that address similar needs, one passed at the federal level and the other at another level of government (state or local).
By Day 3
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
- Provide an example of two policies that address similar needs, passed at two levels of government (i.e., federal, state, or local).
- What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of this duplication? How does this example reflect the implications of federalism? Provide support from the literature for your position.
- To what degree should the federal government get involved in health care policy making? Provide concrete examples to support your position.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
NURS 8100 Week 8: Federal Role in Health Care Policy
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.