Get NURS 8110: Application of Theory to Practice and Nursing Research essay assignment help
NURS 8110: Application of Theory to Practice and Nursing Research essay assignment
NURS 8110: Theoretical and Scientific Foundations for Nursing Practice | Week 10 essay assignment
Promoting evidence-based practice is one of the most important ways that a DNP-prepared nurse can demonstrate leadership and expertise. As you have learned, doing so involves having a sound understanding of the relationship between theory, research, and practice. How has your awareness of this grown during the previous weeks of this course? What questions have arisen for you?
This week you will take a closer look at the application of theory to clinical practice and research.
- Analyze the relationship between theory, practice, and research
- Evaluate how evidence-based practice may reduce the theory-practice gap
Discussion: EBP and the Theory-Practice Gap essay assignment
Post your responses to the Discussion based on the course requirements.
Your Discussion postings should be written in standard edited English and follow APA guidelines as closely as possible given the constraints of the online platform. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Students to ensure your in-text citations and reference list are correct. Initial postings must be 250–350 words (not including references).
Assignment: Middle Range or Interdisciplinary Theory Evaluation [Major Assessment 3] essay assignment
Continue to work on this Assignment, assigned in Week 7 and due by Day 7 of this week. Consider how your selected theories and research question could be addressed through an evidence-based practice project. You will need to incorporate the related topics addressed this week.
By Day 7 of this Week
- In an 8- to 10-page paper (including references):
- Briefly describe your selected practice problem.
- Summarize the two selected theories. Both may be middle range theories or interdisciplinary theories, or you may select one from each category.
- Evaluate both theories using the evaluation criteria provided in the Learning Resources.
- Determine which theory is most appropriate for addressing your practice problem. Summarize why you selected the theory. Using the propositions of that theory, refine your research question.