Get NURS 8110: Systematic Reviews: Searching and Analysis of the Literature essay assignment help
NURS 8110 Week 6: Systematic Reviews: Searching and Analysis of the Literature essay assignment
NURS 8110: Theoretical and Scientific Foundations for Nursing Practice | Week 6 essay assignment
Nurses prepared at the doctoral level can serve as leaders in applying research to nursing practice. How do you think literature reviews could aid in this process?
NURS 8110: Systematic Reviews: Searching and Analysis of the Literature essay assignment
Systematic reviews involve an in-depth examination of the research literature on a specific topic. To do this successfully, you must be able to employ good search techniques, critique a research article (which requires a foundational understanding of research designs), and understand levels of evidence. This week, you will consider systematic reviews and their usefulness for promoting evidence-based nursing practice.
- Employ basic and advanced search techniques to locate research literature on a practice problem
- Critically appraise research literature related to a nursing treatment or prevention intervention (include an article presenting a systematic review)
Discussion: Searching and Critiquing the Evidence essay assignment
Post your responses to the Discussion based on the course requirements.
Your Discussion postings should be written in standard edited English and follow APA guidelines as closely as possible given the constraints of the online platform. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Students to ensure your in-text citations and reference list are correct. Initial postings must be 250–350 words (not including references).
Assignment: Literature Review Matrix essay assignment
This Assignment expands upon the work you have been conducting for this week’s Discussion. For this Assignment (which you will start this week, and submit by the end of Week 7), you will conduct a search for literature on your selected practice problem. A Literature Review Matrix template will be used to identify gaps in the literature.
- Consider the practice problem you addressed in this week’s Discussion. (You may select a new issue if necessary, but it is not recommended.)
- Review the guidelines in the Literature Review Matrix, included in the Learning Resources. Formulate a research question around your issue as indicated in Part I. Then complete Part II of the Matrix, identifying the resources you will use, search terms and criteria, and Boolean search strings.
- Using the Walden Library, locate 10 articles related to your research question. At least one article must be a systematic review. All of the articles should be primary sources. NOTE: If appropriate, you may use the four articles you reviewed for this week’s Discussion.
NURS 8110: Systematic Reviews: Searching and Analysis of the Literature
By Day 7 of Week 7
- Complete Part I and Part II of the Literature Review Matrix template.
- Begin working on Part III.