Get NURS 8250 Week 7: Research Questions and Hypotheses essay assignment help
NURS 8250/NURS 8250N Week 7: Research Questions and Hypotheses essay assignment
NURS 8250/NURS 8250N: Advanced Theoretical and Scientific Perspectives in Nursing | Week 7 essay assignment
Many children begin to develop informal “hypotheses” at an early age. “If I jump off this step, I can reach the toy on that shelf!” a toddler might predict. Or, “If I cry, mom will give me attention.”
NURS 8250 Week 7: Research Questions and Hypotheses essay assignment
Naturally, nursing science involves a more rigorous process for developing research questions or hypotheses. When you selected your phenomenon of interest, you may have had a question or two in mind—and then realized as you began building your theoretical foundation that there are many particulars to consider as you develop your research questions or hypotheses. Often, however, viewing your phenomenon with child-like wonder can add renewed energy to the process of developing your theoretical foundation for research.
This week, you develop research questions or hypotheses as part of your theoretical foundation for research. As you do this, bear in mind that such decisions are typically informed by research theory, design, and methods (addressed in other courses in your PhD program).
- Construct research questions or hypotheses
- Apply analytic methods to development of theoretical foundations for research*
* This Learning Objective was introduced in Week 6 Assignment, which is due this week.
Discussion: Developing Research Questions or Hypotheses essay assignment
Is social support correlated with HIV infection rates in Sub-Saharan Africa?
If nurses participate in leadership organizations, are they more likely to advocate for state-level policy changes?
Exposure to pet therapy decreases the perception of pain in patients who are terminally ill with cancer.
Is limited English proficiency a barrier to the adoption of the new information technology system by Newbury Clinic personnel?
For each item above, consider the following:
- Is it a research question or hypothesis? Why do you think so?
- Which elements of a theoretical foundation for research are evident in the research question/hypothesis?
- Would the research question/hypothesis be reasonable and appropriate for dissertation research or a similar program of research? If not, what modifications would you suggest?
- Is it written clearly and effectively for the purposes of research? Why or why not?
- If a nurse scientist were to address this research question/hypothesis, how would it further nursing’s body of knowledge and promote positive social change?
Examination of a variety of research questions and hypotheses can help you think creatively and analytically about your phenomenon of interest and the program of research you wish to pursue. In this Discussion, you develop research questions or hypotheses that you may be able to use to study your phenomenon of interest. You also provide feedback to your colleagues to help them strengthen their own research questions or hypotheses.
- Review the Learning Resources, including the information that Dr. Hathaway’s presents in the media program, “Research Questions and Hypotheses.”
- Review the framework or theory that you identified in the Week 6 Discussion as having the most potential for use in your theoretical foundation for research. Using this framework or theory, think of potential research questions or hypotheses that you may use to study your phenomenon.
- In addition, try other strategies that may help you develop useful research questions or hypotheses. For example:
- Reexamine the literature related to your phenomenon of interest.
- Review the questions and comments you noted as you analyzed concepts and conceptual relationships in previous weeks of this course.
- Reflect on your firsthand observations of this phenomenon.
NURS 8250 Week 7: Research Questions and Hypotheses
By Day 3
Post one or more research questions or hypotheses. Provide your rationale for selecting each question/hypothesis, explaining why it may be beneficial for studying your phenomenon of interest.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
By Day 6
Respond to at least two of your colleagues, posing questions and providing recommendations to help him/her refine the research questions/hypotheses.
Assignment: Theoretical Foundation for Research Paper: Partial Draft essay assignment
Writing and rewriting are a constant search for what it is one is saying.
—John Updike, American author (Kellogg, 1994, p. 25)
The partial draft of your Theoretical Foundation for Research Paper is due by Day 7 this week. You will receive feedback from your Instructor on your partial draft to help you revise your work prior to submitting a full, final version of your paper by Day 7 of Week 10.
- Continue to work on the partial draft of your paper. As a reminder from Week 6, address the following:
- Identify your phenomenon of interest.
- Define concepts and identify attributes, antecedents, and consequences.
- Describe conceptual relationships.
- Identify assumptions that may be embedded in your research.
- Describe how an existing framework or theory could inform your work. Explain how the framework/theory originated and what modifications you may need to make for it to be useful for your research.
- Incorporate one or more research questions or hypotheses.
- Ensure that the partial draft of your paper is clear, cohesive, and addresses the requirements listed above.
By Day 7
Submit your Assignment.