Get NURS 8300: Determining Organizational Priorities Quality Improvement essay assignment help
NURS 8300 Week 7: Determining Organizational Priorities for Quality Improvement essay assignment
NURS 8300: Organizational and Systems Leadership for Quality Improvement | Week 7 essay assignment
In Week 6, you explored quality improvement models as a strategy for identifying health care and patient safety concerns. Once a quality or safety issue is identified, what is the next step to ensure the issue is improved? What internal and external organizational factors will influence the success, or failure, of a quality improvement initiative?
NURS 8300: Determining Organizational Priorities Quality Improvement essay assignment
The concepts presented this week relate to how nurse leaders can develop quality improvement initiatives that align with the mission, vision, and values of the organization to engender success and achievement of the goals.
By the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Assess how the mission, vision, and values of the organization determine improvement priorities
- Apply the SMART criteria to a quality improvement initiative
- Analyze the influence of the external environment on the priorities of the organization
Discussion: Quality Improvement Initiative essay assignment
When attempting to garner support for a quality improvement initiative, it is important to demonstrate how the initiative supports the organization’s mission, vision, and values, as well as external factors that influence an organization’s priorities. Delivering a proposal for a quality improvement initiative requires clear, concise communication of the plan.
- Choose a QI initiative which has been the subject of focus in any healthcare setting. Explain the rationale that your senior leaders used in selecting this initiative for attention and focus.
- Explain how adverse events are handled in your organization from the public’s perspective and well as internally.
- Find a scholarly article or one from the public press, published within the last 5 years which recounts a serious error. Relate this error to any organization with which you have some familiarity.
By Day 3
Post your response.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 7
Respond to two of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you learned and/or any insights you gained as a result of the comments made by your colleagues.