Get NURS 8300 essay assignment help
NURS 8300 essay assignment
NURS 8300: Organizational and Systems Leadership for Quality Improvement | Week 1
Imagine the construction of a tower made from building blocks or the process of assembling a puzzle. In both scenarios, there are foundational blocks or multiple interlocking pieces. These foundational units are responsible for the overall construction of the larger outcome. In health care quality and patient safety, these “building blocks” or “ interlocking pieces” are represented by all the historical events and philosophies that culminate to establish the concepts of quality and patient care. When connected, these interlocking events are combined to form the system of overall health care organization.
NURS 8300 essay assignment
This week, you examine the historical developments that have given rise to the increasing scrutiny of clinical service delivery by analyzing two reports published by the Institute of Medicine, To Err is Human andCrossing the Quality Chasm. You begin to examine foundational concepts of quality and patient safety, and assess how various events have shaped perspectives on health care quality today.
By the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Analyze the history of quality improvement in health care from a systems perspective
- Evaluate the purpose and philosophy of quality improvement within a systems approach
Discussion: Quality Improvement Milestones essay assignment
Throughout history, major events have influenced quality improvement efforts in health care. For example, the Institute of Medicine’s report To Err is Human: Building a Safer Health System revealed statistics about errors in patient safety that result in thousands of deaths annually. Health care providers must be cognizant of the purpose and philosophy of quality improvement efforts as they lead the charge for improving health outcomes and patient safety. This Discussion is intended to help you understand how various developments have shaped contemporary perspectives and approaches to promoting health care quality.
By Day 3
Post a cohesive scholarly response that addresses the following:
When “To Err is Human” was published in 1999, it marked an important milestone in Quality Improvement Science.
- Analyze how this milestone has influenced the health care delivery system and nursing practice.
- Provide an example from your own work history and experience as to how the patient safety movement has affected your practice.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 7
Respond to two of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective, using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you learned and/or any insights you gained as a result of the comments made by your colleagues.
Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and any additional sources.