Get NURS 8400: Needs Assessment for Program Planning and Evaluation essay assignment help
NURS 8400/NURS 8400A/NURS 8400F/NURS 8400M/NURS 8400S/NURS 8400W/NURS 8400C Week 4: Needs Assessment for Program Planning and Evaluation essay assignment
NURS 8400/NURS 8400A/NURS 8400F/NURS 8400M/NURS 8400S/NURS 8400W/NURS 8400C:Design and Evaluation of Programs and Projects | Week 4 essay assignment
How do members of the target population view the problem? Do services already exist to address this problem? What barriers might inhibit the growth and success of a program?
Conducting a needs assessment is an essential step during program planning and evaluation, and it is important to consider questions such as these at this stage of development.
NURS 8400: Needs Assessment for Program Planning and Evaluation essay assignment
This week you examine the reasons for conducting a needs assessment and determine how to integrate this process into your program planning. You complete and submit Assignment 1, bringing together your work on this assignment from Week 2 and 3 as well as this week.
In addition, you continue to engage in your Practicum Experience.
- Develop a plan for conducting a needs assessment
- Develop strategies for addressing challenges in conducting a needs assessment
Discussion: Needs Assessment essay assignment
When you are engaged in program planning, a needs assessment helps to determine the actuality and details of a specific problem. It also addresses how the target population views the problem—which is critical since their perspective and motivation to change are essential for the success of the program.
In this week’s video, the necessity of appraising a community’s assets as well as its challenges is evident as Dr. Donna Shambley-Ebron and Dr. Rebecca Lee discuss needs assessments. What additional insights have you gleaned from the Learning Resources that you intend to apply to your program?
For this Discussion, you develop a framework for completing a needs assessment for your program. To do this effectively, it is essential to begin with the program and the population you have identified and then develop an appropriate approach for conducting a needs assessment. This also leads to consideration of the types of data needed and the data collection methods to be used.
- Consider aspects of your problem and population as you review the information on needs assessment presented in the Learning Resources.
- How would you conduct a needs assessment? What considerations would influence your decision making about this process?
- What would be the most efficient and effective methods for collecting data? What challenges could be encountered?
By Day 3
Post a cohesive scholarly response that addresses the following:
- Discuss how you would conduct a needs assessment for your selected problem and the target population. Why is this approach appropriate for the problem you have identified? Support your response with evidence from the literature.
- Describe your proposed data collection methods and evaluate any challenges you might encounter.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
NURS 8400: Needs Assessment for Program Planning and Evaluation
By Day 6
Respond to two of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective, using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you learned and/or any insights you gained as a result of the comments made by your colleagues.
Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and any additional sources.