Get NURS 8400 Week 7: Components of Business Planning essay assignment help
NURS 8400/NURS 8400A/NURS 8400F/NURS 8400M/NURS 8400S/NURS 8400W/NURS 8400C Week 7: Components of Business Planning essay assignment
NURS 8400/NURS 8400A/NURS 8400F/NURS 8400M/NURS 8400S/NURS 8400W/NURS 8400C:Design and Evaluation of Programs and Projects | Week 7 essay assignment
As program planning progresses, business planning becomes an increasingly important part of the process. Now that you have completed some research and analysis and determined elements of your program design, the focus turns to business planning and budgeting. As you will explore, giving attention to these areas can help to clarify whether the available resources will support the new program or identify adjustments that may need to be made.
NURS 8400 Week 7: Components of Business Planning essay assignment
This week’s Discussion asks you to look at the relationship between business planning and strategic planning for a program. Also this week you begin working on Assignment 3, applying budgeting principles to your program. In addition, you submit a time log and a journal for your Practicum Experience.
- Evaluate the impact of a business plan on the strategic planning of a program
- Develop a program budget with a break-even point
- Assess the practicum experience thus far
Discussion: Business Planning essay assignment
Program planning, strategic planning, business planning. This Discussion asks you to consider the relationships and intersections between these essential forms of planning.
All programs should have a strategic plan, as well as a sound business plan to guide their endeavors. Although completing a robust business plan (or a strategic plan) is beyond the scope of this course, it is beneficial to understand how and why such a plan could be useful for your program. Give some thought to this as you engage in this Discussion with your colleagues.
- Review the information in the Learning Resources, focusing on Chapter 4 of Assessment and Planning in Health Programs (for the logic model), as well as additional resources on business planning such as the U.S. Small Business Administration website.
- Conduct additional research on your own regarding the relationship between strategic planning and business planning, and consider how these relate to program planning.
By Day 3
Post a cohesive scholarly response that addresses the following:
- What is the prospective impact of a business plan on the strategic planning of a program? Support your response with references to the logic model and program theory models.
- How does business planning relate to program planning? Support your response with an example from the literature.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
NURS 8400 Week 7: Components of Business Planning
By Day 6
Respond to two of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective, using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you learned and/or any insights you gained as a result of the comments made by your colleagues.
Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and any additional sources.