Get NURS 8410 Week 1: Developing a Focus in Your Specialty Area essay assignment help
NURS 8410/8410A/8410F/8410M/8410S/8410W/8410C Week 1: Developing a Focus in Your Specialty Area essay assignment
NURS 8410/8410A/8410F/8410M/8410S/8410W/8410C: Best Practices In Nursing Specialties | Week 1 essay assignment
As a nurse and a doctoral student, you have already developed a set of skills and the expertise that have enabled you to contribute to the nursing profession and to those you serve. Yet, your call to advanced practice warrants a deeper understanding of issues and approaches, particularly in your area of specialty practice. To practice at the highest level, you must be able to analyze a health care problem using reasoning, theory, research, and experience.
NURS 8410 Week 1: Developing a Focus in Your Specialty Area essay assignment
As you move forward in this course, you will create an Evidence-Based Practice (EBP), in which you will evaluate the scientific foundations of a health care issue in your specialty area, apply effective practices, identify and evaluate outcomes, and develop new practice guidelines. This week, you will become familiar with the requirements of the EBP Assignment, which will be completed as part of your practicum experience. To help you prepare for your practicum, this week you reflect on your own potential for professional growth and create learning objectives to guide your experience. The EBP Assignment must be completed during this practicum experience and is not the same as your DNP project that you are developing with the guidance of your DNP faculty chair and committee in the mentoring courses.
- Formulate a EBP Assignment question incorporating theory, knowledge, research, reasoning, and nursing practice
- Assess areas for professional growth within the practicum experience
Discussion: Developing an Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) Assignment Question essay assignment
Consider issues related to your nursing practice. What stands out to you about your specialty area? What questions or concerns do you think are especially in need of attention? Why? How would you most like to contribute to the knowledge base of your profession?
The EBP Assignment provides a significant opportunity for furthering the nursing profession. Formulating a specific, applicable question is a necessary first step for developing your project. The question defines the focus of the EBP Assignment and guides your selection of research methods and tools. Think about aspects of your specialty area, and begin to formulate a question that relates to your nursing practice.
The primary purpose of this Discussion is to provide a forum in which you and your colleagues can support each other in cultivating a practice-related question.
- Develop your EBP Assignment question using the PICO (patient group, issue or intervention, comparison, outcome) method as described in Chapter 2 of Clinical Research for the Doctor of Nursing Practice (p. 29) and other resources. Depending on your specialty area, you may modify the PICO method as necessary to be appropriate for your target population.
- Begin to complete the “Literature Review Matrix,” reviewing at least four to six research articles relevant to your specialty area and your EBP Assignment question. Note any areas of difficulty that you encounter, as well as any strategies or insights that might be beneficial to others.
- Reflect on the information presented in the McCurry, Revell, and Roy article listed in the Learning Resources.
- What questions or concerns, if any, do you have about how to develop your project question and/or expand your expertise in your specialty area?
NURS 8410 Week 1: Developing a Focus in Your Specialty Area
By Day 3
Post a cohesive scholarly response that addresses the following:
- Share your project question, as you have developed it thus far.
- Discuss salient elements that inform your project question: theory, current research, nursing practice, and specialty knowledge.
- Pose any questions or concerns you may have related to developing your project question or literature review. You may also include any other issues related to expanding your expertise within your specialty area.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to two of your colleagues by providing feedback on their project question:
- Consider the following when providing feedback:
- Is the project question easily understood?
- Is the answer to the project question not immediately obvious?
- Can the project question be answered in the time available to the researcher?
You may also respond to your colleagues in the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective, using readings from the classroom and/or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you learned and/or any insights you gained as a result of the comments made by your colleagues.
Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and any additional sources.