Get NURS 8410 Week 10: Evaluation of Outcomes essay assignment help
NURS 8410/8410A/8410F/8410M/8410S/8410W/8410C Week 10: Evaluation of Outcomes essay assignment
NURS 8410/8410A/8410F/8410M/8410S/8410W/8410C: Best Practices In Nursing Specialties | Week 10 essay assignment
“One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.”
NURS 8410 Week 10: Evaluation of Outcomes essay assignment
How do you measure the success of a translation project to determine if new practice approaches actually make a difference? Evaluating the results or outcomes of the translation of evidence into practice is the key. Only by evaluating the outcomes can you ensure the effectiveness and sustainability of your new practice approaches.
During Week 9, you outlined desired outcomes for the issue you have been addressing through your EBP Assignment. In the Discussion, you suggested changes at the micro and/or macro systems level to improve quality outcomes.
This week, you determine how the success of the new practice approaches can be evaluated. Then, you explore the next steps of translating research evidence into new guidelines for practice, and ultimately, standards of care. You also continue your practicum experience.
Reference: Friedman, M. (Guest). (1975). Living within our means [Television series episode]. In The Open Mind. New York, NY.
- Evaluate the outcomes of new practice approaches in a specialty area
- Develop guidelines for practice based on the evaluation of outcomes of new practice approaches in a specialty area
- Recommend new standards of care to address a health issue in a specialty area
Discussion: Evaluation of Outcomes essay assignment
As you translate evidence into practice, it is essential to consider how you will evaluate the outcomes. As introduced in Week 8, you are likely to encounter barriers as you integrate research findings into practice. Using a framework for evaluation can assist in minimizing those barriers.
As a nurse engaged in advanced practice, it is now time to take your practicum project to the next level—evaluating the outcomes you identified for the Week 9 Discussion and then developing new practice guidelines.
- The course text, Translation of Evidence Into Nursing and Health Care Practice, provides a list of questions that should be considered when planning for evaluation. See page 239 for this list of questions.
- Review the Learning Resources focusing on the various evaluation frameworks presented. Select a framework and determine how you would evaluate the outcomes you identified in the Week 9 Discussion.
- Based on the possible results of your evaluation, envision new practice guidelines you would develop.
- What new standards of care might this lead to?
By Day 3
Post a cohesive scholarly response that addresses the following:
- In the first line of your posting, state the outcomes you are addressing (those you initially identified in the Week 9 Discussion).
- How would you evaluate the outcomes? Support your response with evidence from the literature.
- What new practice guidelines would you create based on your evaluation of those outcomes?
- Discuss any new standards of care that would be appropriate based on the new practice guidelines.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6
Respond to two of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom and/or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.