Get NURS 8500: Intra and Interdisciplinary Collaboration for Outcome Design essay assignment help
NURS 8500/8500A/8500F/8500M/8500S/8500W/8500C Weeks 8 and 9: Intra- and Interdisciplinary Collaboration for Outcome Design essay assignment
NURS 8500/8500A/8500F/8500M/8500S/8500W/8500C: Evidence-Based Practice II: Planning and Implementation | Weeks 8 and 9 essay assignment
As a nurse leader, your involvement in the translation of evidence into practice includes developing outcomes that will be used to evaluate a change initiative. As you have considered in previous courses, evaluation must be integrated into planning from the very beginning, and implementation should be aligned to produce the required evidence. Collaboration with other individuals within your profession and across other disciplines can help you to develop outcomes that are relevant and useful for the organization as a whole.
NURS 8500: Intra and Interdisciplinary Collaboration for Outcome Design essay assignment
This week, you develop measureable outcomes to guide planning for and implementation of your proposed change related to the translation of evidence to practice in your practicum setting. This exercise provides a valuable opportunity to look at your proposed change from multiple viewpoints. Have you considered the potential impact of this change for all groups? Looking across the complex health care landscape, which outcomes would be most beneficial for evaluating the success of the endeavor? How will you, as a leader, establish accountability around your proposed change?
- Analyze resources to develop measureable outcomes for evidence-based change
- Analyze measureable evaluation criteria for evidence-based change outcomes
- Assess the importance of intra- and interdisciplinary collaboration for the design of outcomes
Discussion: Designing and Measuring Outcomes essay assignment
As noted in previous courses of the DNP program, it is essential to design measureable outcomes that can guide the development, implementation, and evaluation of an initiative. For this Discussion, you are asked to examine professional standards and other factors that require consideration as you develop outcomes for your proposed evidence-based change. Think about the various groups that are invested in—or that may be affected by—this change. What measures would stakeholders need in order to help determine if the change aligns with organizational priorities and is successful in achieving its intended outcomes? Why is it important to establish accountability around this initiative?
- Look at outcomes established for at least one evidence-based change currently underway or previously accomplished within your practicum setting. What lessons can be learned to support the development of outcomes for your proposed change?
- What outcomes would you identify for your proposed change? How are these tied to AACN Essentials? What other standards or guidelines should be considered? What interdisciplinary factors need to be considered as you craft these outcomes? Think about other clinical and administrative groups, as well as patients.
- How will the outcomes be measured?
- Be prepared to support your Discussion postings with evidence from the literature and specific examples related to your practicum setting.
NURS 8500: Intra and Interdisciplinary Collaboration for Outcome Design
By Day 3 of Week 8
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
- Describe two or three outcomes for your proposed change. For each outcome, describe the evaluation criterion/criteria that is/are measurable.
- Explain how these outcomes relate to multiple sets of standards, as well as differing groups’ needs and priorities. Why is intra- and interdisciplinary collaboration important as you design these outcomes?
- How do the measurable outcomes for your proposed change establish accountability for you as a leader?
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 3 of Week 9
Respond to at least two of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom and/or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.