Get NURS 8500: Leadership and the Translation of Evidence into Practice essay assignment help
NURS 8500/8500A/8500F/8500M/8500S/8500W/8500C Weeks 2 and 3: Leadership and the Translation of Evidence into Practice essay assignment
NURS 8500/8500A/8500F/8500M/8500S/8500W/8500C: Evidence-Based Practice II: Planning and Implementation | Weeks 2 and 3 essay assignment
“Truly the art of leadership, like any art, requires the discipline of practice and commitment to continued professional growth. As must a pianist play scales endlessly so that Mozart’s music could someday flow from her fingertips, so must a leader follow principles of great stewardship everyday to make her leadership seem endless,” (Beeman in Dye & Garman, 2006, page xi).NURS 8500: Leadership and the Translation of Evidence into Practice essay assignment
In previous courses, you have explored theory related to leadership and the initiation and management of change. During the practicum experience for this course, you are honing germane skills by engaging in leadership activities related to a change that involves the translation of evidence into practice. Over the next several weeks, you will explore a series of topics related to planning for and implementing evidence-based change. The presentation of topics is not intended to be comprehensive or sequential; however, your examination of these topics should support and enrich your practicum experiences.
Now, in Weeks 2 and 3, you are asked to consider examples of leadership and to assess your own leadership competencies. Working with individuals in your practicum setting, you examine examples of changes that are currently being made—or changes that have already been achieved. You also critically analyze the environment and assess data to identify practices or situations that are ineffective or could benefit from improvement. From this appraisal, you propose an evidence-based change at the aggregate level. You will use this proposed change as a means of considering critical aspects of planning and implementation as you proceed through this course.
Reference: Dye, C. F., & Garman, A. N. (2006). Exceptional leadership: 16 critical competencies for healthcare executives. Chicago, IL: Health Administration Press.
- Analyze the influence of leadership on the translation of evidence into practice
- Evaluate the practicum setting to propose an evidence-based change
- Assess leadership skills in relation to the practicum experience
- Assess the practicum experience
Discussion: Leadership and the Change Process essay assignment
What examples of leadership have you seen in working with others at your practicum setting as well as in other situations? What have you observed that inspires you to be an effective leader? What challenges have you noticed? How does this relate to your personal leadership style? How can you, as a leader, facilitate the translation of evidence into practice? What leadership skills aid this process?
For this Discussion reflect on what makes a leader effective and how insights from theory as well as previous endeavors can be applied to planning for and implementing a change related to the translation of evidence into practice.
- Consider evidence-based changes currently underway or recently achieved in your practicum setting. Analyze the practicum environment, examine data, and refer to theory to identify a need for a change you would propose.
- Reflect on examples of how leadership influences the translation of evidence into practice from within your practicum setting.
- Identify an evidence-based change appropriate for your practicum setting.
- Think of two or three instances that demonstrate how you have been able to—or, if not applicable, how you could—apply leadership skills in your practicum setting. Then, reflect on the results of your DiSC Assessment, completed in NURS 8300. What strengths and/or challenges have you encountered or might you encounter based on your personal leadership style? In what ways do you need to grow as a leader?
By Day 3 of Week 2
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
- Based on your practicum experiences, discuss the influence of leadership on the translation of evidence into practice. Provide specific insights gained from theory as well as from changes currently underway or recently achieved in your practicum setting.
- Propose an evidence-based change for your practicum setting. Be sure to justify the need for this change using data.
- Explain how you might apply theory as well as observations gathered from your practicum site to planning for and implementing the proposed change.
- How are you developing your leadership skills in your practicum setting? Which aptitudes or experiences do you think are most important to your role as a leader in facilitating the translation of evidence into practice? If possible, relate this to specific learning objectives you developed during Week 1.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 3 of Week 3
Respond to at least two of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom and/or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.