Get NURS 8500: Using Resources to Support Change essay assignment help
NURS 8500/8500A/8500F/8500M/8500S/8500W/8500C Weeks 6 and 7: Using Resources to Support Change essay assignment
NURS 8500/8500A/8500F/8500M/8500S/8500W/8500C: Evidence-Based Practice II: Planning and Implementation | Weeks 6 and 7 essay assignment
The allocation of resources often reflects organizational priorities and commitments that have already been made. Unfortunately, resource constraints are prevalent in most organizations. As a nurse leader, it is essential to understand how a proposed change may be affected by—or may affect—the allocation of resources within a setting. Financial implications, for instance, can be a key facilitator or inhibitor of a proposed change. For example, finances and other resources may be committed to an initiative at the outset, and then need to be reassessed due to developments within and outside of the setting.
NURS 8500: Using Resources to Support Change essay assignment
Often, one of the most significant—and expensive—resources in an organization is the health information system. This week, you consider the use of health information systems and other resources to support the integration of evidence-based change.
- Evaluate use of health information systems in the practicum setting to support evidence-based change
- Assess leadership development in the practicum setting
Discussion: Use of Resources to Promote Translation of Evidence into Practice essay assignment
For this Discussion, you are asked to evaluate the use of a health information system and other resources in your practicum setting. What are the implications of resource use in terms of planning for and implementing your proposed evidence-based change?
- Consider the benefits and limitations of the use of a health information system within your practicum setting. What impact do you think this might have for your proposed evidence-based change? Draw upon at least one relevant example of a current or previous change initiative at your setting as you assess this. (If your setting does not have a health information system, you can still discuss the benefits and limitations of not having a health information system as it relates to this change.)
- What other resources (e.g., financial, staffing, materials) are important to consider as well? Why?
- Be prepared to support your Discussion postings with evidence from the literature and specific examples related to your practicum setting.
By Day 6 of Week 6
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
- Within your practicum setting, what are the benefits and limitations of using a health information system? How might this impact planning for and implementing your proposed change?
- Describe three potential resource considerations that could facilitate or inhibit your proposed change and explain your rationale.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 3 of Week 7
Respond to at least one of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence, or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom and/or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.
- Expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives based on readings and evidence.
Return to this Discussion in a few days to read the responses to your initial posting. Note what you learned and/or any insights you gained as a result of the comments made by your colleagues.
Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and any additional sources.