Get NURS 8510 Week 6 & 7: Implications of an Evidence-Based Project essay assignment help
NURS 8510/NURS 8510A/NURS 8510F/NURS 8510M/NURS 8510S/NURS 8510W/NURS 8510C Week 6 & 7: Implications of an Evidence-Based Project essay assignment
NURS 8510/NURS 8510A/NURS 8510F/NURS 8510M/NURS 8510S/NURS 8510W/NURS 8510C:Evidence-Based Practice III: Implementation, Evaluation, & Dissemination | Week 6 essay assignmet
Imagine a still pond. Then visualize a pebble being dropped into the water. The effects of an evidence-based project can ripple through the interconnected systems of a practice setting and the larger health care environment much like the dispersing rings of shimmering water after a pebble has dropped through its surface. Throughout this DNP Program, you have considered how to apply evidence to a practice situation with the goal of improving patient care. It is important to keep this change-agent perspective in mind as you consider the often far-reaching implications of your project outcomes.
NURS 8510 Week 6 & 7: Implications of an Evidence-Based Project essay assignment
During Weeks 4 and 5, you examined the evaluation methods of your project or other evidence-based projects. You may also have considered the project’s outcomes. Now, in Weeks 6 and 7, you examine how this interpretation of findings provides the foundation for determining the implications of an evidence-based project. As addressed this week, it is important to not only assess what the data means, but also consider the pivotal question of “What next?”
In addition, during these weeks you may continue to work with your small-group colleagues to refine your presentation skills and support one another on developing a project scholarly product for dissemination. You also begin developing a Post-Graduation Plan, which will be shared during Week 11.
By the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Assess the implications of the outcomes of an evidence-based practice project
- Analyze ethical considerations of a health intervention
- Evaluate practicum experiences
Discussion: Implications of an Evidence-Based Project essay asignment
Following the implementation and evaluation of an evidence-based project, it is critical to examine the overarching implications of the findings. In some instances, you may be surprised to discover an implication you had not anticipated. When that is the case, what do you do with the information?
Consider the following example: An intervention is implemented that, according to the evidence, should give critical care nurses greater access to relevant, high-quality patient data. The intervention uses newly developed monitors to provide an abundance of data on patients’ vital signs. The monitors perform the desired function, but the findings reveal that nurses are encountering a high number of false alarms and they feel stressed by various challenges related to the monitors. For the DNP-prepared nurse, this situation should attract careful attention and raise questions of what to do in response.
In this Discussion, you and your colleagues address the implications of evidence-based projects, including those implications that may have been unexpected. This form of deep analysis is essential for promoting practice changes that are beneficial and sustainable.
- Consider the outcomes of your project or other evidence-based projects with which you have been involved. Were your findings as anticipated? What unexpected outcomes, if any, arose?
- Apply the concepts you have studied in previous courses to the data you gathered for your project or for other evidence-based projects. Consider social, political, technological, and financial factors as well as factors related to quality and your area of specialty.
- How does your analysis of the project outcomes inform the discussion and implications of your project? What impact could your findings have as they ripple out through multiple systems?
- Have you identified any ethical implications that require attention? If so, what are they?
By Day 3 of Week 6
Post a cohesive response that addresses the following:
- Discuss the implications of your project outcomes or the outcomes of other evidence-based practice projects. Integrate concepts from previous courses to explain the significance of your findings, and be sure to address ethical implications.
Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses.
By Day 6 of Week 6
Respond to at least one of your colleagues in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question, substantiated with additional background information, evidence or research.
- Share an insight from having read your colleagues’ postings, synthesizing the information to provide new perspectives.
- Offer and support an alternative perspective using readings from the classroom or from your own research in the Walden Library.
- Validate an idea with your own experience and additional research.
- Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings.